Hensonville City 2011

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Ru: Whew! Finally got the place all creepy for Halloween!
Piggy: (flipping idly through a magazine) What'd you do--invite Lew Zealand for supper?
Ru: Piggy--play nice, please, dear. Just because you and Kermit had a little dust-upis no reason to be snarky with me. And I will invite who I choose for supper, thank-you-very-much. Want a peanut butter kiss?
Piggy: (ruefully) I would rather have--
Kermit: Hi Ru! Hello Piggy! (He notes the sudden silence in the room and looks at Piggy's flushed face.) Am I--am I interrupting anything?
Ru: Not really. Peanut butter kiss?
Kermit: Oh, um, sure. (muttering) I'd rather have the real kind.
Piggy: Ooh! Mon Capitan! (She walks across the rooms and kisses him, first on the cheek, and them, gently, on his froggy lips.
Kermit: Um--peanut butter!
Ru: I'm going out to the kitchen to make, um, something....

Katzi428

Reaction score
in Hensonville Elementary School's office waiting to see Robin's teacher Mr. Rodriguez (just for a parent-teacher conference)
Mr. Rodriguez comes in :Kathy?
standing up :Yes?
Hi! shaking my hand I'm Hector Rodriguez ,Robin's teacher. It's a pleasure to meet you!
Pleased to meet you too!shaking his hand.
Come with me,please opening a door and gesturing for me to sit down.Coffee?
No thanks.
Mr.Rodriguez pours himself a cup ,sits down and shuffles some papers: Um...I know you're probably tired of this question but I need to ask anyway. You're not Robin's natural parent, correct?
(Knowing that Mr. Rodriguez has a sense of humor...) Actually I am. I'm part frog. Do you happen to have any candied flies? They're tasty! Ribbit!then laughing a bit
Mr. Rodriguez starts laughing : Thank you for putting me at ease. OK..so you're not Robin's natural mother.
Right. He couldn't get a decent education in the swamp where his parents live,and the Muppet Theater district where his Uncle Kermit works doesn't have any schools.So the third choice was to have him schooled here. But Mr. Rodriguez, I can assure you that I love Robin as if he were my own son.
Mr. Rodriguez: Oh there's no doubt there on how much you love him. He loves you too and I can see how well he's taken care of. Ms. Hartsley*(not my real last name) Ms. Abricot and I have compared notes on your "son" so to speak, and we both agree on how well he's taken care of by you. Between you and me, some children come to school without even a good breakfast! Some come to school dirty.It's horrible! But Robin comes to school well fed and clean! We teachers appreciate that! Robin's grades are good. His math could use a little improving.But we're working on multiplying double digits and that's usually hard .He's a bright kid though,and I think he'll catch on. I,um...do have one problem though.
Uh-oh Yes?
Mr. Rodriguez: Well..there's a young lady that Robin seems to like and is always talking to in class when I'm trying to teach. More than once I've told him to pay attention when I'm trying to teach .
Mr. Rodriguez...say no more. I know the exact young lady my young frog son is talking to in class. Trust me, I'll be talking to Robin about NOT talking to Nancy in class.
A wave of relief washes over Mr. Rodriguez's face:Thank you. At least you know who I'm talking about. She's a sweet little girl. But she and Robin have gotten very buddy buddy with each other. Most parents deny the fact that their little angel so to speak, does anything wrong, and they blame ME! Don't get me wrong; I don't mind if Robin talks to Nancy. They can do it at recess or after school. standing up and extending a hand Well it was a pleasure meeting you!
shaking his hand Likewise!You have a great day! Oh. And I'll possibly have Robin's Uncle Kermit talk to him about Nancy.
Mr. Rodriguez: That will be fine. Other than the talking , Robin's a great kid. Let Kermit know that. And thank Kermit for being such a great host on "The Muppet Show" all those years and being a good influence on "Sesame Street"!I came from Mexico when I was 2 and learned a lot of English from "Sesame Street"
Did you? Wow!
Mr. Rodriguez: I'd talk longer except I have to get the kids from music class . Take care!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Fozzie: (coming up behind Ru while she rummages around in her car trunk) Hi Ru! Watcha doin'?
Ru: Oh! (straightens up quickly and almost bonks her head) Oh, Fozzie--you gave me quite a scare there. I was just, um, er.... (She moves to block the contents of the trunk, but it is too late.)
Fozzie: Wow! Is there any chocolate candy left in Hensonville?
Ru: (shushing him quickly) Shhh! Um, not much--I used all my coupons, but I'm trying to get ready for the influx of trick-or-treaters and I don't, um, want...um, er, the, um, candy to all...disappear before then.
Fozzie: Disappear? You mean like...magic?
Ru: (frankly) I mean like Piggy. And possibly Cookie, if he's anywhere in the building.
Fozzie: Ooooh! I get it. So you're going to leave the candy in here until Halloween, so no one eats it before then. That's a good idea--ooh! Careamel soft chews! Can I just--?
Ru: No! No no no! If I share now I'll have to share with everyone. I promise I'll put soft chews in your bag when you come trick-or-treating, but not now.
Fozzie: (mournfully) Oooookaaaay.
(Ru closes the trunk and links her arm through Fozzie's furry arm.)
Ru: C'mon--don't be morose. I'll make you a cup of hot chocolate.
Fozzie: (brightening) With marshmallow?
Ru: With chocolate marshmallows!
Fozzie: Ooooh....

Katzi428

Reaction score
after eating lunch at home I head to Ru's.Knocking twice I peek in.
Hi guys! No, I'm NOT here on a candy raid. When Kermit's around I need to borrow him. Robin's been a bit too chatty at school with Nancy. So if Kermit and I tag team, the 2 of of us could talk to young Mr. Robin. Thank you!:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, wonder why Kathy'd need to tag team with Kermit to talk to Robin? The main Muppets have been busy lately what with all the videos and appearances for the new movie. Next Monday... *Shudders.
*Has a piece of fridge-stored fried chicken before continuing counting.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hmm, wonder why Kathy'd need to tag team with Kermit to talk to Robin? The main Muppets have been busy lately what with all the videos and appearances for the new movie. Next Monday... *Shudders.
*Has a piece of fridge-stored fried chicken before continuing counting.
Hmm...god thinking. Kermit is a busy frog. I've handled talks with Robin alone before Kermit and crew moved in. knocking on Robin's door Robin? I'd like to talk to you,please?
Robin opening door Hi Mom! What's up?
Well ,we need to have a talk. Can you shut off your TV please?
Robin doing so I'm not in trouble, am I?
Well...a little bit. I saw Mr. Rodriguez today. Robin..he loves having you as a student and thinks you're an awesome kid! But....
Robin: Is it the "but" that I gotta watch out for?
Yeah.Robin...you need to spend less time talking to Nancy in class and more time listening to Mr. Rodriguez in school. He's told you time and again to listen but you keep talking to her. It'd be better if you guys talked at recess or outside school. I know she's your friend .But school is more important than friends.
Robin: Okay. I'm sorry. I'm not punished,am I?
No,because most of your report was good .I think dinner's just about ready.So let's go eat!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Ru: So--everything okay with Robin at school, Kermit? I know he was whining a little about math the other night....
Kermit: Oh, heh heh, no. No. His grades are fine, although he could spend a little more time reading for school.
Ru: I've still got all the copies of Captain Underpants if you're looking for something age-appropriate.
Kermit: Great. Bathroom humor.
Ru: (grinning) You got that right. So--not grades. What, then? C'mon, Kermit--tell me what's up with Robin.
Kermit: Well, (smiles sheepishly), Robin has been spending a little too much time mooning after a girl in class. He's always doing things to attract her attention, and he's talking to her--or writing her notes--when he's supposed to be doing classwork.
Ru: (put her hands on her hips) Wow. (in a flat voice) Can't imagine where he get's that from.
Kermit: Well, don't look at me. I...I don't pass notes at school.
Ru: (smiling smugly) Noooo...but you get Scooter to do it for you.
Kermit: (blushing furiously) That's is not the same thing.
Ru: Okay.
Kermit: It's not!
Ru: Fine, fine. So what's the upshot--is he is trouble at school? And who's the little darling he's sweet on? Do I know her?
Kermit: He's not in trouble--Mr. Rodriguez just wanted his family to be aware of it. Kathi went in and talked to Mr. Rodriguez, and she talked to Robin this evening. I just got the whole story from her. Oh, and, I don't know if you know her or not, but I think you know her parents. Her name's Nancy--Nancy Kidd.
Ru: Louise's daughter? Grey and tan splashes on white? Cute kid.
Kermit: Yeah. Nice family, too.
Ru: If you don't count Norman.
Kermit: I never count Norman, unless I'm counting places for dinner.
Ru: So, Robin's got a thing for Nancy. What is it with you frogs and barnyard chicks?
Kermit: (huffily) Oh yeah? Let's see you call Piggy a barnyard chick to her face!
Ru: No thank you. (reaches out and pats Kermit on the back soothingly) So, you gonna have a talk with our little Casanova? Set him straight on the birds and, er, frogs?
Kermit: I was actually hoping to have that conversation, um, never. Sheesh! I think he's a little young for more than the basics, but yeah, I guess it's time to start thinking about it.
Ru: Have fun, then, Sweetie.

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
The "Sprinkler"? *Decides not to ask.
Hey Ojo... Happy bear-day. Or something like that.
*UD wields a tray with cupcakes studded with the sliced chocolate nut-coated bananas we made and kept frozen.
*Count hands over a bouncy soccer ball with a ribbon around it.

Hope you have a nice party.
BTW: T, do you have MP3's of songs from the Blue House? There are some I'm looking for, LMK. :wink:
Ojo: Thank you!! Snowbear and I had a great time dancing! :big_grin:

Me: Actually, I was dancing all day! I saw a video of The Muppets finale dance, and I finally got it! I think I might get up and start dancing when I see the movie! *giggles*

Tutter: Watch how everyone looks at you, too...

Me: Oh, Tutter, be nice!

Ojo: I love soccer! Maybe I'll play with it later. :smile:

Doc Hogg: *looking online for a Halloween costume* Hmm...nothing yet...

Me: Doc Hogg, you've been searching for weeks, and you still don't have a costume??

Doc Hogg: 'Fraid not! Guess I'll have to go without one this year...

Ojo: Oh, no...

Me: Don't give up! Keep looking, okay?

Doc Hogg: Well, okay...

Me: And uh, I don't have any Mp3's of any songs! Sorry! :frown: I had the CD a loooooong time ago, and I think I lost it now.

Katzi428

Reaction score
getting off the phone,I happily dance in my seat,get up and go into the kitchen.
Chef: Eezy Robin...nut su much salt un der seeds.then looking at me Awww Kethy teasing tone of voice don't luuk so sad.:wink:
Robin :Wow Mom! You sure look happy! What's up?
My mother called! They'll be home tomorrow! Ohhhh..it felt so good to hear her voice!
Chef hugging me Wunderful nooz! I know yu've missed her!he tries to pick me up and swing me around but can't Er...
It's OK Chef.laughing . The stove's on anyway.So it wouldn't be safe.
Chef: Ja.
Robin:Can I at least give ya a hug?
Ohhh of course my sweet son!engulfing Robin in a big hug Now..you're sure you won't mind that I won't be here on Halloween to take you trick or treating?
Robin Positive: Auntie Ru said that she would. You bought my costume. And you took me trick or treating last year. I promise I'll save some of the KingPacks of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups for you.
Well I don't know if they sell the King Packs anymore sweetie. Kind of expensive. Plus lately with more and more kids' allergies to peanut butter.
Robin: Oh yeah. Well I'll save SOME peanut butter cups for you. And Almond Joys.
Sounds fair. Chef...what are you handing out to the little boos and ghouls on Halloween?
Chef rolls his eyes:Boos und ghouls? Yu been hanging aroond nekst door with der Scare Croo too much I think. I'm handing oot Hurshee choklit bars.opening the closet,reaching up high and pointing to the bag of mini chocolate bars and closing the closet before Robin could get at them.
chucklingat Robin running towards the closet and Chef closing it quickly
Chef laughing :Tu slow Robin. Ve need tu finish der poompkin seeds enyway
Robin:OK..They smell yummy!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Meanwhile... Because of some events, I think that instead of a full-blown carnival, we'll settle for having a good old-fashioned haunted townhouse. Besides, I'm excited that the one Ru set up's been opened again. *Delights at going through the monster maze.
:batty: finishes his conversation on the phone with his old swing band to get them to come for some unlive entertainment during the weekend, they'll be here and ready to go later in the evening hours.
*Uncle D checks on the treats we made to hand out: chocolate mini-pretzels, popcorn clusters, and nut-coated banana slices; the pumpkin cheesecake for the grown-ups cooling off along with some pumpkin-spiced oatmeal cookies.

*Ed hangs up the ghostly sheeted along the windows, it's just like snapping the shower curtain in place thanks to its multiple hooks.
*Fatatita stays out of the way perched on a counter, looking pleased with herself.

Happy Halloween everybody, whatever you may be!