Herbert Becker makes offer to acquire 100% of the Jim Henson Company

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Stock info

Can I ask the weirdest question ever?

What is the stock names for the henson company and EM.TV and these new companies in question?

I am just trying to figure out the stock market and I figured they would be some I shall watch. . .

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
I still think we need to have a Muppet Central bake sale and just buy them ourselves....

All of this makes me sad....

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Monkeys and Kermit puppets

Originally posted by JamieDenny
Jamie, Im guessing the monkey with the Kermit puppet on a stick is touring. I saw him last month off Broadway. In fact he was so Off Broadway he was performing in New Jersey:smile:
The other Jamie *without neat graphics*
Heh, reminds me of this off-off-off-off-off Braodway avant avant garde muscial I have in mind involving puppets, cactus, time portals, and upscale retail fashion pirates int he 17th century:wink:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Muppetfreak
I still think we need to have a Muppet Central bake sale and just buy them ourselves....

that's a lot of MUFFINS!!!

Sarah

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i just read this article and i'm like you guys...who is this guy, and what can he do for the muppets..more importantly, what WILL he do the muppets if he buys them....as with little information as there is on this guy, who knows whats going to happen if he does buy them......my guess is everyones guess..

ryan

Luke

Reaction score
He won't be buying them - as far as i know an official offer wasn't made - he's just a publicity seeker !

Besides, to make an offer you would have needed to negotiate 'in' on the sale process and only a few companies were chosen to ever sign agreements for that.

On a similar note, i met with the guys at Entertainment Rights PLC at the Toy Fair last week and they really impressed me - shame the Muppets don't seem to be on their radar !

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i had no idea you knew how buying and selling something worked....maybe you should work in the stock market or something! that could be your calling...

ryan

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ryhoyarbie
maybe you should work in the stock market or something! that could be your calling...
I'd probably enjoy that, i mean i'd probably bring a few banks down learning all the stuff but once i got the hang of it things could be magic !

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
and you expect to get hired after that???

Sarah:wink:

Ernie101

Reaction score
I mean When People say Muppet they think you like something babyish.Well I think something they should aim to do is reach older audiances as well as kids.I dont exactly know what this sell would mean though for the company.