HEROES on NBC

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Anyone been watching this show? I've seen all four episodes so far and I L:flirt:VE it!!! I think it's one of the greatest shows I've seen in years. A great cast, a great storyline and so many twists and turns it gives me goose bumps every episode.

So anyone wanna' discuss? Share theories? Talk spoilers? Post 'em!

Also, if you haven't seen it yet, you can watch them all online here!

Teheheman

Reaction score
I actually would like to see how this all ties into each other. It seems to be getting there, just not quite yet. I actually wanted to do something with this show. Make a music video to the tune of Jon Nicholson's "Hero" I thought that would be pretty cool. Stay tuned.

Daniel

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I seriously love this show, best new show on tv. Its so crazy, that i love it. (and the cheerleader's hott.)

But it's just an awesome show, so many twists.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Well let's talk theories here: *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*
Who's Sylar?
Niki (the mirror girl) or rather her alter efo had the same mark on her shoulder that appeared in the code that Sureshes father made and it's also flashed quickly other places too. Could she be Sylar? What about the cheer leaders dad or the bald dude that's with him?

Peter Petrelli
I heard an interesting theory that his power isn't exactly flying, but more like Rogue from X-Men who absorbs the powers from other heroes near by (did you see how his eyes were like Isaac's in the preview for next week?).

Hiro and Hiro from the future
Did you see that sweet katana blade he was carryin' at the end of this last episode!? :excited: He also mentioned he didn't recognize Peter without his scar :confused: Can't wait to see how that turns out!

Isaac
Do you think he has to be high on heroin to paint? Or does he just think he has to?

I have so many thoughts about the show. If I had one bad thing to say about it, it's that they tend to milk the time a bit much, but let me be very clear: THIS SHOW ROCKS!!!

Barry Lee said:
I seriously love this show, best new show on tv. Its so crazy, that i love it. (and the cheerleader's hott.)
Definitely! :flirt:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I think Sylar is the cheerleader's father. The bald black man I think is the husband of Niki.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I think he's Sylar too. Never thought about that dude bein' Niki's husband though; the kid's father too... that's interesting!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
It's seriously great, and I love how the cheerleader basically killed that guy in the car, sure some payback....

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I'm glad Vic started a "Heroes" thread before I did, because I was afraid that I was the only one on the boards who watches this show.:smile:

This show has to be one of NBC's greatest! Finally, they're back on top with programs that'll have people tuning in every week, like they do with ABC & Lost and The CW & Smallville.

It's like one big comic book series being told in real-life format. I know the hero who has become everyone's favorite is Hiro, but I'm enjoying Hayden Panettiere's character (Claire the tissue-regenerating cheerleader) and Ali Larter's (Niki the woman with the wicked alter-ego). Those two remind me so much of Wolverine and the Hulk (Niki's more of Venom than Hulk, just from the way she said "our son" when threatening that guy in Vegas).

Barry Lee said:
I think Sylar is the cheerleader's father. The bald black man I think is the husband of Niki.
I really like that theory about the dude that looks like Mos Def being Ali Larter's character's husband, because it could be one of the biggest plot twists for the series.

And I notice someone mentioned how Peter Petrelli's ability can enable him to absorb other powers. That could be possible (not because his eyes were glazed over like Issac's in next week's episode--Claire's were the same way, during the time she had that big stick in her head), considering how Peter was the only one that didn't freeze when the future version of Hiro arrived in that subway train.

I can't wait to see what happens next week.:big_grin:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
muppetwriter said:
And I notice someone mentioned how Peter Petrelli's ability can enable him to absorb other powers. That could be possible (not because his eyes were glazed over like Issac's in next week's episode--Claire's were the same way, during the time she had that big stick in her head)
I think Claire's eyes were glazed over because she was technically dead. If you look, you'll see she's pale too until the mortician pulls the stick outta' her head. Then her eyes got their color back and her complexion became warm also.

That leads me to wonder if she feels the pain her body sustains before healing. I've noticed she winces, but like the time her hand got all carved up in the garbage disposal, it looked more like frustration then pain, and I know if that were me I probably would have yelped. When Wolverene gets shot or cut or even when his claws come out, he does feel pain, albeit temporary. In fact, some artists actually draw blood spraying from his knuckles when his claws are released, but he as a high tolerance for pain, even though he may not be immune to it.

Anyone reading the comic online? Peter's brother Nathan in the third issue uses his power of flight to rescue a woman from a burning building, leaving her in the alley with his coat and a "VOTE PERELLI" button. Lol! It would appear in his conversation with Niki that he's increasingly becoming curious about his powers too.

MGov

Reaction score
Niki's ex-husband is dead and buried in the desert. The ring she found wasn't from one of his crew, it was his. Her alter-ego killed him.

The first two episodes were horrible because they were trying to to do too much, introduce all the characters at once, not reveal too much about any of them. It was really slow. The show is finally starting to pick up the pace. Hiro is the most popular because he was the most "active" in the beginning. If you have a show about people with special powers, the audience wants to see the people USE the powers.

Of course, I only saw this weeks episode in bits and pieces because I was flipping back and forth between it and the Bears game. And yes, I stayed up for the whole game.