Hey Grail...(RE: Justice League, He-Man Toons)

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hey Grail....

You're obviously knowledgeable about the world of toons and what's going down--

I was just wondering what your opinions are on the new Justice League cartoon, and the upcoming He-Man revamp, if you've seen any of that? Just total random curiosity.

Quinnnnnnnnn

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i'm interested in the new He-Man too - you can see all the trailers at www.he-man.org - it looks pretty good though we aren't getting it here in the UK !

Jackie

Reaction score
NO WAY!!! A new He-man series!!!!!! This is too freakin cool! I loved He-man when I was little! I still have my He-man action figures!

grail

Reaction score
I am ALWAYS up for talking about cartoons.

first off Justice League. i LIKE it! it's a natural extension of the Superman and Batman cartoons, and it feels like it. my biggest problem is the fact that JL is all about action. what i loved most about Superman, and ESPECIALLY Batman was how human the characters were. these were real people, with real problems, and real faces behind the masks. this JL doesn't even know who each other are. not even the Flash, who in the comics had a public identity. i'd really love to see some more character driven stories, and not so much action...but it's still a lot of fun to watch.

and then there's He-Man. everyone knows my take on the toys (i hate them), but the cartoon looks amazing. Luke says the animation borrows from Ninja Scroll, and i absolutely believe him. it's beautiful. i've started seeing commercials for it, and i'm just getting more and more psyched. they've been playing pretty close to the vest, but this friday it all comes out...

also, there's a rumor that they'll be releasing the original on DVD soon!

(btw, Luke if you want, i can try and tape He-Man and send it to you.)

gymkatarules

Reaction score
I always liked MASK and G.I Joe as a kid. Never really got into He-Man or Thundercats. Then again, I really spent the bulk of my time watching Sesame Street.

-Chris

Luke

Reaction score
They are bringing a new Thundercats out next year i think. I still has some M.A.S.K toys and comics but it never really took off here (UK) to be as popular as the rest .. same with Centurions.

BTW Grail - i'd love that if possible. I'll get in touch !

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
NO WAY!!! A new He-man series!!!!!! This is too freakin cool! I loved He-man when I was little! I still have my He-man action figures!
Hey Jackie,

They are officially relaunching the new He-Man in Toys-R-Us Time Square on October 18th at 4pm. I think the creators will be there. I guess being in NJ that might be of interest to you.

grail

Reaction score
the new Thundercats comic hit this past week...i've heard a couple rumors of a new cartoon, but nothing official. i'm trying to remember who own that, and for some reason i think it was DIC...which i think was just purchased by Disney (am i right? i don't know why i think this) as part of that family channel aquisition...that would kinda preclude the possibility if its true.

and yeah, email me, and we'll work it out grail42@hotmail.com

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
They are officially relaunching the new He-Man in Toys-R-Us Time Square on October 18th at 4pm. I think the creators will be there.
is THAT when they pushed it back to...the original date was july 15th. on a side note, i met Bob Forward at BotCon...he worked both on Transformers and He-Man...and i hear he's working on the new cartooon too! he'll probably be there...

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
The Thundercats rights were picked up by 4 Kids Entertainment. I don't know if they still have them but 4 Kids did get the license last year. Speaking of the 80's toons, the Ninja Turtles will return in a brand new series from 4 Kids Entertainment this January on the Fox Box. The animation studio that does "Jackie Chan Adventrue and the Men In Black: series" are doing the animation.