Holy Crap, I'm Overwhelmed...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm trying... boy am I trying... again, I just can't even picture in my mind what Steve and Bethany would sit around and talk about for 29 minutes... but I guess I can come up with something in the eleventh hour or so.
Check out older puppet shows like Kukla, Fran and Ollie, most of what they did was talking since they didn't have all the fancy resources.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I may just look into that.
Of course, it's important to follow your heart and do what you feel is the best for your work...
Then again, problem with me is, as I've said before, it's like with George Costanza, every foresight, premonition, prediction, intuition, gut feeling, etc I have, the results always turn out to be the exact opposite, so I never even really know anymore just what I should do. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
YouTube's homepage being broken again is hurting right now, so I have to do a little extra promoting right now; here's one of the last three entries in Steve's YT series:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've given the matter a great deal of thought (mainly because I have sought some consultation with other people, and have gotten bupkus as far as responses go), and I think I've figured out what kind of a show I can build based on what the community television facilities have to offer: I think, what I might do, is do a show that sort of satirizes talk shows, in which Steve TRIES to put on a talk show, though doesn't necessarily do a good job of it... I don't know.

But anyway, while I'm still going to press on with this, I've been giving some thought to the future of my producing career, and I'm seriously starting to reconsider it. I've been following Ken Levine's blog for quite some time (for those of you who don't know, Ken Levine has been in TV since the 70s, he's written for shows like M*A*S*H, CHEERS, WINGS, EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND, among others), and he always shares anecdotes from experiences. I've learned a lot about the television industry today, and we're always talking here about how crooked and messed up the music industry is, but the television industry has gotten just as bad in this day and age: you seriously can't do ANYTHING with your own show, because networks ALWAYS have to make all the decisions herself, without letting you have any input. The network has to the decide what the premise of the show will be, not you; the network has to decide who the characters of the show will be, not you; the network has to audition hundreds of actors for the different roles, and you can't even make a decision; the network has to own all the rights to the program, not you. I'm not going to settle for someone else telling me what my own shows should be about, or who the characters should be, let alone telling me what to do with my own work, and I'm certainly NOT going to settle for someone else owning my own work and doing with it what THEY want to do with it.

I DO remember watching an introduction to one of Ken Burns's many documentaries, and he said the reason he always did these programs for PBS is because PBS allowed him to do whatever he wanted to do with them, though I really don't think any of my work is really suitable for PBS... if only there were still networks out there who put enough trust in the producers to deliver a product to them, but I guess those days are gone.

So yeah, I don't really know what I'm going to do in the future... :smirk: