1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Holy Maracas! - Unofficial Piggy Replica

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Beauregard, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

There is an unofficial Piggy replica here that just blows my mind!

Since we've been talking about Piggy replicas, I thought I'd share.

2. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

I can't wait

I can't wait until MR does Piggy....I wonder what they are going to dress her in, has anyone heard any rumors?:mad:

Thanks for sharing that! She looks amazing!

3. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

Whoa! I can't believe this guy has the nerve to sell on Amazon. It was bad enough when he was on e-Bay... but how does Amazon allow this?

:p

4. Beauregard

I have no idea how it managed to get through the radar on Amazon. I've seen these on Ebay before, but never Amazon. I was looking for a "report" function, but there doesn't appear to be one.

I don't even know how you can sell items without Isbn's on Amazon!

5. Telly

Telly Active Member

Her head seems to narrow at the top.

6. Luke

Luke Active Member

I saw this advertised in the banner above the forum here, i think that Amazon Marketplace is a bit like ebay express.

7. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

It's rather good. Looks like the 3rd version of Piggy, maybe 4th.

8. Bear Man

Bear Man Active Member

He had her on "sale" on eBay until recently - around $500 if I remember rightly. All copyright considerations aside, the guy is pretty talented. There is something not quite right about the angle or slope or size or something of Piggy's eyes, I'll be interested to see his next attempt at her (considering his first Fozzie was pretty bad, and half Photoshopped, but his most recent one is almost as good as Terry's!)

9. Beauregard

I think it's the slope of her forehead above the snout...slightly too triangular, maybe. But she's pass as a poser. Certainly for an unofficial poser she's amazing.

10. Hat Sharpener

Hat Sharpener New Member

Looks like he/she has done quite a few. Some good, some bad, all very scary copyright infringements...

Grr.. link doesn't seem to be working, but if you click on "Other Products by..." link under the title, you can see all the ripoffs...

11. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

He's definitely talented, but I have to wonder if he didn't work for JHC in the past and remembered how to make these and, now that he got laid away from the Muppet Workshop, isn't cashing in on the designs.

I'd love to own all of his replica puppets, but he's asking WAY TOO MUCH to sell someone else's characters. I mean, I swapped a Mahna-Mahna replica several years ago for 4 tapes of hard-to-find videos. I kept a second one for myself.

12. Davina

Davina Member

dang.. i was just about to post threads about these.. it's not just piggy.. i saw his whole previous ebay line (kermit, gonzo, fozzie, animal and the count..) over there

he is pretty good at making them.. but i'd rather save the money for the offical, legal repilcas.. heh

13. Telly

Telly Active Member

I'd rather have the legal ones too, but if MR doesn't make Rizzo.......

14. Luke

Luke Active Member

He is talented for sure, but its kinda a bit of a worry these are now being advertised right the way over the MC site.

15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

This concerns me too. They shouldn't be advertised over here on the sales banner (as I have been calling it). It appears as an endorsement even though I know that is not the case. Some beautiful work on most of these. I'll wait for the real deal. If I were ever to commission something of this sort I'd want to see it through the process, but that's the artist and Muppet fanatic in me.

My thoughts on these - his Kermit is pretty good. Count is wonderful. Piggy's hair is flat, but she's very good too. It's the design of Beaker that gets me thinking that this guy has some inside Muppet knowledge. Animal's nice, shorter hair, but his mouth seems to close (he he). Elmo's Elmo. Fozzie has odd facial proportions and materials but is intriguing. The fact someone would even make Zoot (much less light blue Zoot) is kind of cool. Scooter's just a nice fan-like creation as are Oscar, Grover and Bunsen.

16. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

It's a spider set up to find that information at Amazon. I bet the same thing would happen seeking at ebay.

Amazon should be notified and then maybe they'll remove it so Diz/JHC/SW won't get in a tizzie over it with us.

17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

:eek: Spider! :concern:

18. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo Active Member

I have let Amazon know....hopefully they will take them down.

19. Davina

Davina Member

I emailed them about it as well.. Perhaps if they get a bunch of messages about it, they'll realize just how serious this is.
    (or that we're all a bunch of loonies.. hehehe)

20. Luke

Luke Active Member

Maybe it's possible for MC to filter the marketplace products out of the banner - i have no idea. It seemed like only the amazon distributed products were displayed when the banner was first introduced, but i could be mistaken.