1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Hopes for The Muppet Show Season 4

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Da Dogster, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Possibly. But nothing to warrant a 2 year wait. I think whoever said the music rights were dealt with wasn't 100% accurate. Unless they're still working on certain ones. Really, music rights are the WORST. It protects companies from not getting huge payoffs from denture adhesive companies who mangle the lyrics, even against the original family's wishes.

But what if it's an appearance foul up? Don't they have to pay rights to use all the actors? If it's because of the Star Wars episode, I'd be surprised. Lucas, Disney, and Henson share a good relationship...otherwise we would have never seen the Star Wars muppet set.
  2. shishalzafrazz

shishalzafrazz New Member

yep. it's music right bs that is why we still dont have the state on dvd. i think this is particularly stupid though, because if anyone could make this happen, it's disney.
  3. Monster

Monster New Member

Hi! I know I am late in adding my 2 cents to this thread but I do hope for Gonzo on the cover of season 4- but what I am really hoping for is the release of "Of Muppets And Men"- the video documentary version of the book. It is a must for every Muppet fan. I have a DVD copy as a special gift but I certainly would love to have it as part of the collection.

Do any of you rememebr the Time-Life Video releases of the Muppet Show? They released 15 DVDs with 3 episodes each all introduced by Brian Henson. Although they were incomplete they are still great to have and I see the everywhere at a discount. They may be available on Amazon- not sure. I have them all. My favorite is the one featuring Peter Sellers, John Cleese and Dudley Moore all on one disk!

I have the Kermit replica and I am waiting for Fozzie Bear. I trust that they will work out the flocking issue when they release Miss Piggy. The Gonzo foam beak solution didn't work in my opinion on his replica but I know it is not easy to replicate foam rubber that will look right. The real stuff deteriorates so quickly.
  4. David French

David French Member

Incorrect; Rizzo the Rat was first named in the fourth season of TMS though my memory is that initially they used a generic rat puppet and the Rizzo puppet that they use today was first introduced in the fifth season.
  5. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

I think rowlf should be on the cover of season 5 because he did way more than animal on the show sam the eagle would look cool too:sympathy::attitude:
  6. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

I agree, but Animal is considered more all around popular, so he'll probably get the spot before Rowlf or Sam. Animal appeals to to causal fans more than Rowlf does, which is what the Muppet Holding Company will be aiming for just as much as the more hardcore fans.

Don't get me wrong though, on a personal note, I'm a way bigger fan of Rowlf the dog than Animal.
  7. Nekoshema

Nekoshema Member

i've got a feeling that season 4 will have animal on the cover, everyone loves animal, and i don't have anything against him [PEACE ON EARTH GIMME PRESENTS!] but i mean, he's really not a main muppet when you think about it, actually, i think you see flyod more than animal. gonzo should be on one of the boxes and i say Scooter for season 5, since he was the gofer and all, but that's kinda biast since i'm a scooter fan first and foremost.

but it'll most likely be animal and, i don't know, rowlf cuz he's easy. but it should be gonzo and scooter ;)
  8. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Nah, season four no doubt will have Gonzo on the cover. He's consider one the the main four (along with Kermit, Fozzie and Piggy) and is arguebly one of the most popular of all the Muppets.

I'm thinking season 5 will either have Animal or a group picture. I would hope for the latter, since it's the last season, they should celebrate with all the Muppets.
  9. Nekoshema

Nekoshema Member

that's sounds fine by me, gonzo should, heck, he deserves to be on the cover of season 4, he's one of the greatest, henc his name 'the great gonzo' :concern: who couldn't love him ;) [gonzo, i mean]
  10. MuppetAnimal

MuppetAnimal New Member

I believe and hope that Gonzo will be on Season 4 cover and Animal on Season 5 cover. This will coincide with the order of Muppet 'Fab 5' - Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal on DVD covers 1-5. Even so I think that Scooter, Rowlf, Statler and Waldorf talk and appear more on each Muppet Show episode than Animal.
  11. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

When I was growing up, Rowlf rounded out the top five characters, though he was actually more prominently featured than Gonzo for a long while. I agree that he and Gonzo should grace the covers of the next 2 season sets, in whichever order, but definitely have Rowlf be one of them. After all, adults are the people buying these sets; yes, we're (obviously) going to share them with our children and other young viewers, but we should really have the sets looking the awesome way they deserve to.

As for content, my hopes are to have full, unedited episodes, and a couple of featurettes would be great as well, maybe "Muppets go to Walt Disneyworld"? :) They should reserve their tribute to Jim for the final season IMO.
  12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

For everyone whining for the last few years "wheres season 4? Wheres season 4?"(****, where's season FIVE?)...unless you've been living under a rock for the last few years, Season 4 and 5 are widely available(rhymes with irateray and morrentz)

Ooh I know, taboo...right, well what do they expect when they refuse to release the seasons?
  13. KermieBaby47

Oh yeah, there's that route of course. But doesn't the collector in you BEG for the official release, with the official artwork, sitting next to the other official releases?? To me, it's a beautiful thing, and I know that my money is supporting future releases from my favorite collections. Erm... did that make sense? I've been up waaaaaaay too long today, and am overdue for some sleepytime. :D

Btw, I read in another thread that you're in Sac (I'd forgotten from before), and that Mr. Penguin is in Reno. Well, I'm in Susanville! :) No idea where that is? I'm about 85 miles north of Reno (but in Cali), I go through there and Sac all the time. We three should definitely have a small meet-up sometime!

Cheers,
    :)
    Anthony
  14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I want the remaining seasons so bad and would definitely shell out the extra cash for a double dip if they just decided to release the whole box set with some nifty packaging.
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah, but those are probably mostly comprised of old taped off TV stuff. There could be some ripped from the Columbia DVD's, sure... nice and digitally remastered with the UK skits and everything...
    For me, it's not so much about being able to watch the show, but to have it on DVD as a collection of something physical and official.

The only hope I have is that The Green Album was stuck in limbo for 2 years but is finally getting released.... maybe that's the same case.
  16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Oh I want them, definitely. I was happy when FR season 4 standalone came out. I didnt mean to seem rude to people, but "wheres season 4" is brought up on every muppet forum every day, and its like...well, you know how corporations work. I guess wish hard enough things come true, in the mean time you know where to get your fix. I had no problem downloading allT the rockos modern life on dvdr, yet was pleased as punch to buy the official complete season one 2-disc at walmart yesterday.

Oh wow...all three of us late Threadless art entrants in that area, nifty. I'm definitely down for a meetup. actually, I coulda sworn I noticed some other norcal/sac people on here. I know frogboy is in sf. I think it'd be cool to either have a muppet event in norcal(I remember Dave Goelz with Gonzo did a thing in San Francisco in 2007, and a few years before that Carrol Spinney with Oscar) OR take an epic road trip to a big official Muppet event in So cal.

Oh wait, isnt Susanville near Shasta way up north? Eeep, yeah thats pretty far!
  17. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Well hey bro, I really wanted the FR animated shows(and you couldnt find those even just to download), and Lionsgates all "here's all the episodes plus extras for $15". Ive gotten all the Dilbert cartoons in one set, The Tick 2 volume, Pete and Pete, C.O.P.S., Alf Animated...so yes, eventually this stuff DOES come out(tho a lot of 80's cartoons probably will never see the light of day)
  18. KermieBaby47

Me too! That's what I did with the Fraggle Rock set, though I did sell my previously bought 3 seasons to help cover the cost (after I scanned the insert cards of course, heh).
    Yup, havin' one in Frisco is a no-brainer! That would be so cool, and we could check out Jamie's awesome store, FINALLY!! Lol, I love little comic and specialty toy shops, especially when made all the better by having the local Frog Boy work there. ;)

Are you talking about Mount Shasta? If so, yeah, kinda, that's still another 3 hour drive north... and BEAUTIFUL!!! :D

Back on topic, I'm pretty sure I'll be whining about my missing Muppet Show seasons until the day they're released! Lol. Cheers!
    :)
    Anthony
  19. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Well anytime ya guys wanna meet up in SF, Im down. I visited Jamies store in 2009, not sure if he still has it. But yeah we totally should all meet up. Im hoping another muppeteer does a q and a sometime there. I SO wanna go to D23 in anaheim if they have a whole muppet day
    I have no idea where susanville is, guess I havent gotten to travel much

Yeah I LOVE vinyl figure/indie/designer/retro toy stores. My friend runs one here in sacramento
  20. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i did the same thing
    KermieBaby47 likes this.