Horton Hears a Who: The Movie (2007)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How the Grinch Stole Christmas was great, The Cat in the Hat was pretty good yet funny, but I honestly don't have high hopes for a film version of Horton Hears a Who.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hmm, well I haven't seen Grinch, and Cat in the Hat was the worst movie experience of my life (though I'm glad other people liked it). I hope Horton turns out to be better.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The sad thing is that after Dr. Seuss's death, his projects have been the subject of many horrible beatings by Hollywood and Broadway.

2 Lousy Movies based on the Grinch and the Cat in the Hat were critical flops and sadly did pretty well at the box office. Looney Tunes Back in Action was a great film, and flopped against the Cat. They were both eye sores... though I did enjoy the Grinch a little bit. Not to mention Seussical the Musical, and an upcoming Grinch musical. If it's as lousy as Seussical was, that'll just sting.

Glad to hear it's CGI animated, tho.... as opposed to Live action. Hope it never gets made, tho....

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, if Horton is anything like Cat in the Hat, someone needs to take the rights to Dr. Seuss away from Hollywood, heh.

EasyBeinGreen

Reaction score
The "upcoming Grinch musical" has been playing to sold out crowds in San Diego for almost 10 years so I don't think we have to worry about it being a flop on broadway.

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, and I liked Suessical. A lot of people do. I enjoyed The Grinch movie. I have not seen Cat in the Hat and probably won't if it's as obsene as I've been told. You can't do that to a children's story. I think the Horton movie could be interesting, but I don't think Jim Carey is the best choice for the role at all.

Drtooth

Reaction score
EasyBeinGreen said:
The "upcoming Grinch musical" has been playing to sold out crowds in San Diego for almost 10 years so I don't think we have to worry about it being a flop on broadway.
As long as it's not as gaudy and off as the other one, it'll be okay. I just really think that Dr. Seuss animated specials were the best projects aside from the books.

But, honestly... there's a reason J.D> Sallengier (sp?) didn't want anyone to make a movie out of his book.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
As long as it's not as gaudy and off as the other one, it'll be okay. I just really think that Dr. Seuss animated specials were the best projects aside from the books.

But, honestly... there's a reason J.D> Sallengier (sp?) didn't want anyone to make a movie out of his book.
Very true. I can see Hollywood completely missing the point of Catcher in the Rye.

Yeah the animated specials were great. I just rented The Grinch Grinches the Cat in the Hat the other day. Really, you can't do better.