Horton Hears a Who: The Movie (2007)

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
I loved the Grinch. But Cat in the Hat annoyed me in every sense of the word. I don't think I quit frowning while I watched that disaster of a movie. Simply tragic.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
Jim Carrey made up as the Grinch I can see.

But Jim Carrey made up to look like an elephant?

-Kim

The way I understand it, the movie is going To be in CG. Jim Carrey is just going to be the voice. He won't be dressed up to look like an elephant.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And it's so hard to tell if Horton will be good. I saw previews for Cat in the Hat for weeks and it looked great. And then I actually saw it in a theater. I couldn't wait to leave, I was actually upset that I had to stay and keep watching. And I've never felt that way about a movie in my life.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean. You hate the movie, yet you want to stay and get your money's worth. Have you ever watched a movie that you couldn't stand, but yet watched all the way through just to see how it turns out?

Beauregard

Reaction score
person above said:
Have you ever watched a movie that you couldn't stand, but yet watched all the way through just to see how it turns out?
Yes, many many many movies have had that effect on me! Only on in the cinema though, that was Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Ever seen that?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I liked Hitchhiker's alright, though it wasn't amazing. But I hadn't read the book and I know people who read the book first were very disapointed.

CGI Horton sounds better than live action, so we'll see. I'll just be more cautious this time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You guys hated The Cat in the Hat? I thought it was hilarious!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I havn't seen the Cat in the Hat yet...or the Hat on the Cat...or the Cat in the Hat on the Cat....wait, there is no such thing...hold on, I'm waffleing.

I havn't see that. I am too frightened that it will dissapoint me to my core...hmm....maybe if you like it, Snowth, I should take a peep.

Bea:zany:{Anyone for a waffle?}regard

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
You guys hated The Cat in the Hat? I thought it was hilarious!

Is it true that "Cat" was not kid-friendly? I heard that there was a lot of innappropriate adult things in it.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Depends...there was a scene where the Cat looks at a picture of a woman (The kid's mum?) and his hat sorta pops up. But kids shouldn't read into it.