How did Jim come out in the puppets he performed?

Beakerballistic

Reaction score
How did Jim's personality come out in the puppets :smile:, :sympathy:, and:hungry:? Kermit's sweetness and his simple nature. Rowlf's being... just likes being the star. You see that in the episode where the amazing Liberace is the guest star. Jim's goofiness comes out of the Swedish Chef when you see him mumble mock Swedish.
How does it come out in every character he plays?

Redsonga

Reaction score
It just... does :smile:. It's a certain something that's hard to put into words I think...

Beakerballistic

Reaction score
Yeah, it's kinda hard to explain... But most of Jim came out in :smile:.
Everyone knows he was one of the nicest people alive (rest his soul.)

Redsonga

Reaction score
Agreed :smile:. If he had been in my generation and single he so would have been the sort of guy I would marry :3

AAO

Reaction score
When he did Cantus on Fraggle Rock or Convincing John his essence played well into each character. We was very well paced. Being a puppeteer everyday, you always have to put yourself in that character's position. What they're thinking, their thought process, how they live, what they may do off stage or off camera. How they move...etc.

Jim always had this sense of "in the moment". On screen if he was Dr. Teeth you could see the real passion of Dr. Teeth playing his keyboard and knowing he rocks it. Ernie was I'm sure one of his favorites because he could torment his ol' buddy Bert (Frank). It was his time to just be goofy. Kermit though was his cynical foil to Fozzie. Frank was capable to turn around and the same back to Jim with Kermit and Fozzie's relationship. Ernie was just so much fun for him and you could see that. Same with Kermit. He really gave Kermit a soul and a mind of his own. Even though he had control over it, you could tell he could just let go.

And that's what any performer/puppeteer does. When you're in that moment you just throw caution to the wind, find your character's inner thinkings and just let go. If you hang on to the safety rail too much it's not interesting for others to watch. Don't go over board, but get to the edge and ponder if the jump is worth it or not. And you can totally tell that's what Jim did with each and other character he performed.

AAO

Reaction score
:smile::search:
When he did Cantus on Fraggle Rock or Convincing John his essence played well into each character. We was very well paced. Being a puppeteer everyday, you always have to put yourself in that character's position. What they're thinking, their thought process, how they live, what they may do off stage or off camera. How they move...etc.

Jim always had this sense of "in the moment". On screen if he was Dr. Teeth you could see the real passion of Dr. Teeth playing his keyboard and knowing he rocks it. Ernie was I'm sure one of his favorites because he could torment his ol' buddy Bert (Frank). It was his time to just be goofy. Kermit though was his cynical foil to Fozzie. Frank was capable to turn around and the same back to Jim with Kermit and Fozzie's relationship. Ernie was just so much fun for him and you could see that. Same with Kermit. He really gave Kermit a soul and a mind of his own. Even though he had control over it, you could tell he could just let go.

And that's what any performer/puppeteer does. When you're in that moment you just throw caution to the wind, find your character's inner thinkings and just let go. If you hang on to the safety rail too much it's not interesting for others to watch. Don't go over board, but get to the edge and ponder if the jump is worth it or not. And you can totally tell that's what Jim did with each and other character he performed.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think it's was just therapeutic and a way to let out a lot of things through the puppet. I mean with a puppet you care speck your mind and people are less likely to second guess you. It's like a way to say thins you really feel that you can't really work up the never to say because you are too polite. But justs make it easier to say thing with say puppet somtimes. It like letting another side of your personality show.

Count von Count

Reaction score
This is off the topic but, AAO what is that puppet in your profile pic. ? I think i have seen it on tv.

AAO

Reaction score
LOL.. that is the wonderful Treelo from Bear in the Big Blue House from Playhouse Disney Live on Stage! He's very popular... I love him...