How did you discover Fraggle Rock?

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I don't remember exactly, but I think I first discovered Fraggle Rock when there were previews of the show on VHS on other Muppet video tapes I had. At first, I wasn't interested in seeing it, but I borrowed a Fraggle Rock video tape called "Meet the Fraggles" at a local library when I was living in Florida. After I watched it, I loved the show ever since. Then when I was in fourth or fifth grade, I watched the show on the Odessey Channel before I left for school.
As the DVD sets came out and I was watching each episode, all the memories of watching particular episodes went back to those weekday mornings before school. Ever since, Fraggle Rock has been one of my favorite TV shows.

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
When I was just six years old, I got into Sesame Street and I took out a big coffeetable book from my local library about the work of Jim Henson, where I first read about Fraggle Rock. I then took out some Fraggle comics from the library, two omnibuses of the Archaia stuff. I loved them, so I then took out all the Fraggle DVDs I could get my hands on from the library, which were just a few episodes. Finally I got the complete 2nd season for my 7th birthday, and the 3rd shortly after, though it wasn't until Christmas the year I was eight until I finally got the last season and completed the set.

groverandgrapes

Reaction score
When I was watching muppets from space (vhs), the fraggle rock theme song played and I loved it! I also thought it was a muppet movie at first lol

80sMuppetFan

Reaction score
When I was a little kid my grandfather had cable. When we'd go over there I'd watch fraggle rock and was absolutely in love with the show. The fact that I couldn't watch it daily at my own house was heartbreaking. Back then you had to have HBO to watch it. There was no fraggle rock VHS releases quite yet and it wasn't on broadcast TV at all, and as we all know there was no streaming apps back then. Then I remember my father got me cable with HBO for a birthday present for my 7th birthday. I was so happy. I remember watching the episode Mokey then and now and feeling so happy I was an HBO subscriber. Then the worst happened. About a week later fraggle rock was pulled from HBO and in its place they started airing the animated adventures of tom Sawyer. I was devastated and I cried. But I ended up getting to like Tom Sawyer and I started watching other good cartoons on cable. 6 months later it started airing on TNT and that's where I saw the majority of the episodes for the first time and I was pretty happy so yeah everything worked out.

Streed

Reaction score
it was 2010, I went to the dollar store and at the time I had an affinity for puppetry and I saw a the Fraggle Rock DVD "Wembley's Egg Surprise" I asked my mother if she could buy it and she obliged since it had been a show she loved when she was a little girl, the rest is history, I've been a dedicated fan ever since❤