How Do I Stop Adware?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Come guys, help me out here, if my mom finds out, she'll make me pay 85 bucks to have it removed professionally, and that could mean I won't be on for WEEKS, I don't have that kind of money, and I don't get my allowance on a regular basis anymore.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Try using Spybot Search and Destroy. It's free, reliable and can be found with a google search. It's often best to run Windows in safe mode while you're using it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently I solved the worst of the problem, I was told I have a AdWare-SurfAccuracy. It told me to uninstall a program called "Surf Accuracy" (I have NO idea how it got on there). Now I'm running another scan with Norton AntiVirus 2005, but it still says I have all of the infections. Why?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Both Ad-aware and Spybot can be downloaded for free and do not charge to get rid of adware.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
MuppetsRule said:
Both Ad-aware and Spybot can be downloaded for free and do not charge to get rid of adware.
I just downloaded Ad-aware, and they charged me to get rid of the adware.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I've been using Ad-aware for years and never paid a dime. :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's the update:

I managed to delete 3 infections of AdWare, but I still have 4 left on my computer: three of them are "AdWare.NetOptimizer", and the other one is "AdWare. IST...something or other". I managed to deleted 3 of the original 7 via a tool I used from the virus definition website (I'll think of the name later). So slowly but surely, things are getting back to normal, but computer's not as slow, the pop ups are starting to dwindle, but I'm experiencing more crashes lately.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
the best spyware/adware software available is free, its great to use both adaware se personal
and Spybot which are both excellent programs.
Also to help prevent spyware/adware from getting onto the computer aswell as popup windows try mozilla firefox browser instead of internet explorer. its popular and great and free!

If you use internet explorer its important to use this free software called spyware blaster that stops bad stuff from getting onto the computer before it has a chance to get on and its also free.