How do you collect?

man-with-arms

Reaction score
I try to get them all. I've got all of the regular Muppets except for Zoot, and all of the repaints. I'm also missing the WWE Dr Teeth, and totally invisible Beaker, and the only industry giveaway I have is the black jacket Rizzo. I'd like to get a standard Zoot and the Wizard World Dr Teeth, but I won't try to get the others mainly because of the price.

camilla

Reaction score
If I had the money i would buy them all. As it stands I tend to get them as presents. i tend to go for my favourties or the slightly more uinusual one3s. i do not see the point in a lot of the exclusive ones. Tuxedp Bunsen and Beaker just seem silly to me.

Thats hpw I collect my Palisades figures

Fozzie

Reaction score
I'm somewhere in between a completist and buying only what I like. Of course I would like to have every figure ever made.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Somewhere in the middle...

Somewhere in the middle I get my collecting done. I don't have alot of exclusives (half invisible beaker is my pride and joy) and don't really care to get them (Vaudeville Hecklers and Kitchen Disaster are the two most wanted figs on my list right now), but I want to at least get the normal versions of everyone. And every Kermit ever made since he's my definitive favorite. I definitely want to get every playset cause they are so hella-awesome, but I simply run into the problems everyone else is... Space. They should make some exclusives titled "Muppets NEED Space."

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
I wasnt a completist until very recently when my sister got my the white tux Rowlf, Invisible Beaker, Wizard World Dr. Teeth and Invisible Spray Fozzie for this past Xmas. I'm not too far from having them all at this point, save the Holiday Kermits and Rizzos, the repaint Zoot, the blue shirt Vacation Fozzie and of course that Wedding set. Can anyone help me out with these?

Mike

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Im a completist on the regular series, 1 per case repaints and exclusives. I have 2 of the giveaway figures I got by luck. Im not really worried about the giveaway figures and wedding set though. If I get them cool, if not so what. :smile:

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Hey DarthGonzo!!!

DarthGonzo, is your sister single??? She got you all those figs INCLUDING WWE Dr Teeth??? That's some LOVE dude... If she's in the Chicago land area and single, I'm interested... HAHHA :stick_out_tongue: Even if she's NOT single I'm interested... :wink: Just kidding. That's gotta be the best list of Christmas Swag I've heard of yet. Congrats.

jediX

Reaction score
I'm only a completist in two lines: Star Wars and Muppets (although I could really care less about the ridiculously rare items -- I can't justify spending that much money on little bits of plastic). I also collect the LOTR and Marvel Legends figures but only pick up the ones I really like from those. As for the Muppet exclusives, I'm only picking up the NEW figures, such as Super Scooter (which I'll be getting sometime soon) and Chef w/ Lobsters (which I already have).

Anyway, how I collect (as in the physical act of 'collecting') Muppets is just find out the 'release' date, show up at Media Play or Suncoast sometime in that day's afternoon, and just look. Of couse, it's usually by luck since it took me several weeks to locate series 6. But, you know, if you look hard enough you don't have to do that. I've seen repaint Janice & Clifford in the past month on the shelves, so they aren't as rare as they can seem to be -- you just have to find the stores that don't sell out quickly (such as a Sam Goody in this major mall here).

I'll buy every figure they release normally, as I (and I'm sure the vast majority of you guys) have been waiting for these figures for my entire life.

dmx10101

Reaction score
I'm aiming for all of them. As just started buying a couple of weeks ago, here's what I have right now or are expecting in the mail soon-
Chef Kitchen Playset
Muppet Lab Playset
Series 1
Series 2
Lew from Series 3
Series 4
Series 5
Tux Kermit
Clifford Repaint
Rizzo Repaint
Koosbane Kermit
Super Scooter
Invisable Fozzie
Vacation Fozzie Toyfare
Crash Helmet Gonzo

jediX

Reaction score
If you don't have him, Scooter (S3) should be a sinch to find, too. I keep seeing him pop up at Media Play all the time.