How is Jerry Nelson doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker

Reaction score
I was just cruious like a lot on here how Jerry Nelson is doing. Luke had mentioned he was ill at the time of the small FR gathering not to long ago.

Besides being one of the longest JHC team senior Muppeteers, he has been one of the most fanfriendly to Muppet online community JHC people over the years. In 1998 and 1999 during MFS production time he would post on MC and be on chat...then last December at Muppetfest he took time on stage to go out of his way to thank Muppet Central and get a show of hands of who from MC was in attendance. All of the JHC Muppeteers are great, yet it has been especially cool for Jerry to kind of stand up as a fan's fan over the years.

Anyhoo, if anybody has an update on Jerry we'd all love to hear how he is doing.

Beauregard

Reaction score
And any new news yet? (Some ages later)

T

Twiddlebug

I know this question was posed a long time ago but I have had other things on my mind and have not read or posted for quite a while. It is long and boring but I have had health issues for a couple of years now. Different ones. I have COPD which is cronic obstructive pulmonary disease generally and emphysema specifically.I have had this for fifteen years or so but only in the last four years has it become problematic. Two years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and went through radiation treatment sucessfully. This spring I was in the hospital with pneumonia and am still recovering from that. Complicated by the COPD, this recovery process takes some time. I am happy to say that as of this posting I do intend to work with my old friend Count Von Count again this next season.

To all who have written, I thank you and apologize for not responding.
You guys are the best fans ever.

Jerry Nelson

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks so much for the update Jerry! I hope you fully recover soon!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yes Mr. Nelson, I can't brgin to tell you the role you have played in my lif and can't thank you enough. I hope all this stuff becomes just a distant memory for you real soon.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
That sucks. Get well soon, Twiddlebug, good luck on your recovery. I'm going to go send you a get well card right now. Let us know if you need anything at all. That we can provide digitally, that is. Thanks for everything, Jerry.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Jerry,

I'm happy to see you posting here again (at least to catch us up to date) but, I wanted to speak on behalf of everyone here at MC to let you know that we all love you a whooole bunch and appreciate you greatly!

You've been a part of a very inspirational team and made a huge, positive difference in all our lives.

Thank you for that!
Kev

Frogster

Reaction score
Well said, Kevin... we're all here for you, Jerry.

Status
Not open for further replies.