I Dream of Jeannie's Upcoming Failure

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm sure Daniel will find this subject interesting...

Well, like other shows before it, the classic sitcom I Dream of Jeannie is going to be remade into a movie next year, and guess who's being considered for the role of Jeannie? Lindsay Lohan! If you ask me, Lohan is a terrible choice for Jeannie... she's too young and I don't think she can play it ditzy and clueless enough for Jeannie! Discuss!

Teheheman

Reaction score
Wait a second, I can probably think of a hundred more people I would like to see than Lindsey Lohan. Probably like Angelina Jolie, or maybe Hillary Duff. Also, you can probably look at Scarlett Johanssen. Anybody willing to show their navel(PINK!!! She'd be perfect) Don't blame me, I think that they should find a guy who's kinda pudgy, and dorky to be Major Nelson. I already heard about the movie remake a while back when somebody was doing an interview with Larry Hagman and Barbara Eden they were talking about it. They didn't say who was gonna be in it. Let me know when they finally get a Jeanie.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hilary Duff maybe... I think she might be a little too young as well... but definitely not Angelina Jolie, she frightens me! I'm not sure who should play Tony... or Roger... or Dr. Bellows... but I do know Lindsay Lohan CAN'T be Jeannie!

Speaking of which, I wonder if the original cast members will make cameos?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I thing Lindsay is a really good actress despite any troubles she may be having in her life right now and I think she could pull it off.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I agree, Lindsay Lohan is a fine actress in her own right, and she does seem to have a solid career ahead of her... but I still don't just think she's right for the role of Jeannie.

In general, however, I still believe this movie is going to fail; sometimes you just can't update the classics! It's like Hollywood is making a cookie-cutter attempt to market nostalgia rather than take a risk on new ideas... but then again practically everything's been done before already!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
In the past, you saw more adult looking people on TV and movies. There's been a recent shift to where we only get to see really young looking people. The new Superman was an example of that. It's just this odd idea that young is better, even if it's totally inappopriate for the character.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I agerr with the whole cookie cutter thing and nothing original and everything under the sun has certainly ben done before. I think it's fair to believe thet it will fail. but there is always no way of telling for sure, though. Right now, I just wish not so much that someone will come out with something new, but at least something else or something original, you know?

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I'm sure Daniel will find this subject interesting...

Well, like other shows before it, the classic sitcom I Dream of Jeannie is going to be remade into a movie next year, and guess who's being considered for the role of Jeannie? Lindsay Lohan! If you ask me, Lohan is a terrible choice for Jeannie... she's too young and I don't think she can play it ditzy and clueless enough for Jeannie! Discuss!

I don't think "ditzy and clueless" are really the words to describe Jeannie, but i know exactly what you mean, Snowthy. It's more of a sweet innocence similar to one of my all-time favorite classic TV characters, Lisa on Green Acres. And Lohan does not have what it takes in my eyes to capture what made America fall in love with Jeannie. She is a mediocre choice! I think a movie adaptation would be interesting but not with LL. What were they thinking? Don't we want to like the character?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
heralde said:
In the past, you saw more adult looking people on TV and movies. There's been a recent shift to where we only get to see really young looking people. The new Superman was an example of that. It's just this odd idea that young is better, even if it's totally inappopriate for the character.
Well, theres the old stereotype that when actors reah a certain age that they are no longer as marketable as they used to be. But if a new generation had an audience then it's young stars can be very marketable seeing as they are probably more likly to go to the movies more often. It's stupid reasoning but that's a part of it.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Well, theres the old stereotype that when actors reah a certain age that they are no longer as marketable as they used to be. But if a new generation had an audience then it's young stars can be very marketable seeing as they are probably more likly to go to the movies more often. It's stupid reasoning but that's a part of it.

The reasoning isn't stupid. It's the fact that that's the way it is that is stupid.