I Dream of Jeannie's Upcoming Failure

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I don't think "ditzy and clueless" are really the words to describe Jeannie, but i know exactly what you mean, Snowthy. It's more of a sweet innocence similar to one of my all-time favorite classic TV characters, Lisa on Green Acres. And Lohan does not have what it takes in my eyes to capture what made America fall in love with Jeannie. She is a mediocre choice! I think a movie adaptation would be interesting but not with LL. What were they thinking? Don't we want to like the character?
Yeah, ditzy and clueless wasn't EXACTLY what I was trying to say, but at least you got my point.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I understand that LL wouldn't be a good to be the part for this at all but since I think she looks so cute and hot. (hope that don't make me weird) But I would pay anything to see her in that Pink little outfit. But if they choose someone else I would still go see it no matter what.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hay, to each their own, so it doesn't sound wored to me at all. Even though the idea of liking a girl is wired to muppet fan's, haha...No, I'm just kidding!

Okay, Bear, your right...it's the way that whole system is set up that's so stupid about it.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets, I totally understand what you were getting at though. Keep in mind that there are a good handful of performers that are still quite marketable and of high value regardless of how old they are. Think Robin Williams, Judi Dench, Tom Hanks, Meryl Streep, Steve Martin...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Robin Williams would have to do an awful lot of shaving to play Jeannie.:wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That's very true Bear. One thing that worries me about this current generation of entertainers is the lack of talent that not there. I mean it's just very hard to come by these days and is too few and far between. At least in true talents case.

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Robin Williams would have to do an awful lot of shaving to play Jeannie.:wink:
He didn't have to shave the first time.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
That's very true Bear. One thing that worries me about this current generation of entertainers is the lack of talent that not there. I mean it's just very hard to come by these days and is too few and far between. At least in true talents case.

I know. Most of the true talent is just getting older and most of what's in the forground is crap. Although, this has been a pretty good movie year in general.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I know. Most of the true talent is just getting older and most of what's in the forground is crap. Although, this has been a pretty good movie year in general.
Too true.