I finally got my Red (My first mini-review thingie)

Redsonga

Reaction score
I like scented candles *is such a Mokey*

Red is a tiny bit smaller than I thought she would be (she is sitting on my lap helping me write this) but then I think that I still have the size in my mind that I did back when I was five years old. By that scale she is perfect.

And the box was actually easy to open! I am a toy collector and let me tell you there are some toy boxes I almost have to take a hacksaw to to get into. This was just a pull and a couple (three) little ties.

The DVD (Yay DVD! Moviemoviemovie! ) just slips out of the cover as simple as pie (Mmm.pie).

I guess it tells what sort of Fraggle fan I am when the first thing I went for is her tail and pigtails to fluffy up the fur..(I always have loved all sorts of animals with tails. )

The tails are bendy and twisty like food store twisty ties with fur over them. It is great for posing, but I hope some little baby somewhere is not left alone to chew on it and maybe hurt themselfs with wire (Doggys to=chewing nono).

The fur on the tail and pigtails is a bit of a letdown. It is fluffy but I think I was hoping for something with a bit more body. I guess I will have to try some of my My Little Pony hairdresser tricks on it :smile:.

The other thing I don't like that much is the fact that her mouth stays open, I think I would have liked it more if it was posable, but don't bite the hand that gives you fraggles I guess :smile:. I might try using something to hold it closed for a while and see if I can break it in to have more emotion ....

But yay, I got Red one of my childhood friends :excited: ! I might be posting alot more fraggle pics here as they come home to me...

Red and my best friends' tiny monkeywrench

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Nice review! I have that Red too, I also got Sababa's smaller version of Red and I must say, while that one seems more to scale, this one looks more like the Red we know and love! I agree too that it would be nice if her mouth closed. But anyway, I'm glad you got one of them, they're a nice collector item!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I like the Fraggle dolls, most of the details are surprisingly accurate! But I agree the mouth should be more flexible. Otherwise the characters look a little blank. And yeah 3 year olds shouldn't be let anywhere near it!

Again, it's great that they're trying, but this is just not a good time for toys in general. There's more of them now than there was say 10 years ago, but the standards are dangerously low.

Redsonga

Reaction score
This is just an update to say I am getting my own Wembley in the mail soon ! When I do I will post a review of him here :3! I meant to write one for my little Boober I got a few months ago but I keep forgetting :stick_out_tongue:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
OMG I want a Red. How much are they and where did they come from. I am most intrigued.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Aww, Red and Wembley look so cute! I got Gobo a few months ago... The bonus DVD was missing and he was covered in dust, but I couldn't just leave him in the store. Plus, he was only $6. So I couldn't resist.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
This is just an update to say I am getting my own Wembley in the mail soon ! When I do I will post a review of him here :3! I meant to write one for my little Boober I got a few months ago but I keep forgetting :stick_out_tongue:
I bought (and still have) at SAME wembley:excited: with his box and dvd... i found him at Target 2 summers ago! but i paid $13.99 for him then..

Kiki

Reaction score
OMG I want a Red. How much are they and where did they come from. I am most intrigued.
Red came from her mother's womb, fer starters. :stick_out_tongue::wink: Nah, but seriously, I have a Red, I ordered mine from the 80'stees site, with a Wembley.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I bought (and still have) at SAME wembley:excited: with his box and dvd... i found him at Target 2 summers ago! but i paid $13.99 for him then..
The price on nearly all of them is at least $20-30 now:sympathy: My town has never had a KB Toys or Target so I have no choice:embarrassed: