I got a fever...

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
well winslow leach, i totally agree with you about Dolton he will always be james bond to me .
i wish that he would have contenued with the contract instead of taking the scarlett film that really was not a true sequal to Gone with the wind .

The point that i am trying to make buy saying that is the fact that he was such a great bond that is him all of the way .
:smile:
Yes, despite a lot of controversy, Timothy Dalton is an excellent Bond. Despite what some critics and audiences said, Dalton's Bond films did make money and were successful. Again, he wasn't fired from the role for being "unpopular." He didn't quit because he thought the role was beneath him. It's just that, as a working actor, he didn't have six years (the time between the release of Licence to Kill and GoldenEye) to wait for the producers and their legal troubles to be solved. In fact, if you read interviews with Dalton between 87-89, he'll say what a dream come true it was to play a childhood hero, and how he went back to the original books to create his Bond. He also did many of his own stunts in both films. So he was clearly glad to play the role; it just wasn't in the cards for him to continue. Although, I have to say, I enjoyed his bad guy character in The Rocketeer, which came out the summer the next Bond film should have come out.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
he's my favorite Bond as well.. it's good to know I'm not the only one! :smile:
Yep, he's one of my favorites too. Like George Lazenby, Dalton has a love/hate among fans. Most either like him or don't. There's no real middle ground. If you check out commanderbond.net (one of the best 007 pages out there, IMHO), you'll find forums dedicated solely to Dalton and his two films.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Yes, despite a lot of controversy, Timothy Dalton is an excellent Bond. Despite what some critics and audiences said, Dalton's Bond films did make money and were successful. Again, he wasn't fired from the role for being "unpopular." He didn't quit because he thought the role was beneath him. It's just that, as a working actor, he didn't have six years (the time between the release of Licence to Kill and GoldenEye) to wait for the producers and their legal troubles to be solved. In fact, if you read interviews with Dalton between 87-89, he'll say what a dream come true it was to play a childhood hero, and how he went back to the original books to create his Bond. He also did many of his own stunts in both films. So he was clearly glad to play the role; it just wasn't in the cards for him to continue. Although, I have to say, I enjoyed his bad guy character in The Rocketeer, which came out the summer the next Bond film should have come out.

Wow yes i do remember reading some of those intervewiws that he gave about playing his childhood hero , i was so glad to know that it made it seem more to me that he was the best bond .

tim was so great in the part, it was to bad though that he could not wait with the legal juck going on but i undertand that , if i was him i would have done the same thing .
you never know what can happen to you in Hollywood you have to careful with the chioices that you make there .

lael

Reaction score
*peeks head in forum* surry, wrong thread. good day.