I got a fever...

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
The "Cowbell" sketch is one of the better SNL moments from the last 10 years.

anytimepally

Reaction score
I think Walken was wasted in A View to a Kill. He'd make a great Bond villain, and he has his moments in AVTAK, but the script really lets him down.

And as much as I like him, Roger Moore was waaaaaaay past his prime in this one. I remember a quote from a review of the film: "Roger Moore is not only long in the tooth--he's got tusks!" Even Moore admitted this was one Bond film too many. He originally wanted to leave after For Your Eyes Only, but was lured back for Octopussy (James Brolin screen-tested for this one; you can see the test on the DVD). Then after Octopussy he planned to quit. But was lured back once again.
They tried to get Dalton for A View to a Kill first, but he was unavailable, as was Pierce Brosnan, who they also went after, so Roger Moore ended up being the third choice for the movie, and he was right about being too old.. I thought he was too old for Octopussy myself.. but, yeah, the script and his age combined to make this the worst Bond movie, IMO

anytimepally

Reaction score
He's just wonderful in Around the Bend (as Michael Caine's son, no less) if you're looking for a new movie to see.. and he's also rumored to be playing Ozzy Osbourne in an upcoming film

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
They tried to get Dalton for A View to a Kill first, but he was unavailable, as was Pierce Brosnan, who they also went after, so Roger Moore ended up being the third choice for the movie, and he was right about being too old.. I thought he was too old for Octopussy myself.. but, yeah, the script and his age combined to make this the worst Bond movie, IMO
The producers wanted to cast Dalton as early as 1968 when Connery left, but at 22, Dalton felt he was too young for the part and declined.

And of course, Brosnan was almost hired for The Living Daylights, as his series Remington Steele had just ended. But once the producers of the TV series got wind of Brosnan about to sign for Bond, they hastily brought the show back, and bound him to a contract he couldn't get out of.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
He's just wonderful in Around the Bend (as Michael Caine's son, no less) if you're looking for a new movie to see.. and he's also rumored to be playing Ozzy Osbourne in an upcoming film
Who, Roger Moore?

:wink:

I heard about the Ozzy film, but had no idea Walken was considered. Wow!!

anytimepally

Reaction score
And of course, Brosnan was almost hired for The Living Daylights, as his series Remington Steele had just ended. But once the producers of the TV series got wind of Brosnan about to sign for Bond, they hastily brought the show back, and bound him to a contract he couldn't get out of.
accorrding to the DVD, the producers had all agreed on Sam Neill for The Living Daylights once Brosnan couldn't do it.. all except Albert Broccolli, who was the only one who mattered, and the delay while they were considering Neill allowed Dalton to finish filming Brenda Star so that he was free to play James Bond, and since Broccolli'd been trying to get him since The Lion in Winter (my all-time favorite movie, by the way), he got the job

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
accorrding to the DVD, the producers had all agreed on Sam Neill for The Living Daylights once Brosnan couldn't do it.. all except Albert Broccolli, who was the only one who mattered, and the delay while they were considering Neill allowed Dalton to finish filming Brenda Star so that he was free to play James Bond, and since Broccolli'd been trying to get him since The Lion in Winter (my all-time favorite movie, by the way), he got the job
Yeah, isn't Neill's screen test included on The Living Daylights DVD?

I really wish Dalton made a 3rd Bond film...it was announced for release in 1991. But the producers were involved with some messy legal issues that kept 007 off the screen for so long, that by the time the franchise started up again, Dalton was off doing other things.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Yeah, isn't Neill's screen test included on The Living Daylights DVD?

I really wish Dalton made a 3rd Bond film...it was announced for release in 1991. But the producers were involved with some messy legal issues that kept 007 off the screen for so long, that by the time the franchise started up again, Dalton was off doing other things.
well winslow leach, i totally agree with you about Dolton he will always be james bond to me .
i wish that he would have contenued with the contract instead of taking the scarlett film that really was not a true sequal to Gone with the wind .

The point that i am trying to make buy saying that is the fact that he was such a great bond that is him all of the way .
:smile:

anytimepally

Reaction score
he's my favorite Bond as well.. it's good to know I'm not the only one! :smile: