1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

I have MADE an ASTOUNDING DISCOVERY

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by MeepBorkMeep, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Wow...I seriously hope that the "Secrets of the Muppets." comes on DVD one of these days because I would cut of my leg cover it in salt and peper, dip it in garlic mayonase and roast it for two hours to get my hands on a legal copy!!!
  2. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

Does anybody have Of Muppets and Men? I've been wondering if it's good.

And Beauregard, why on earth would you have to amputate your leg to get a /legal/ copy? :)
  3. Beauregard

Muppets and Men is very good, but lacks just basic shots of Pupepteers at work. There are some, but not enough. :)

Bea:zany:{Why not?}regard
  4. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

Yeah. Those shots are always the best. Unfortunately I've only seen about two. But do they do interviews and stuff? :confused:
  5. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Yeah, it's just basically Jim Henson narrating the behind the scenes of "The Muppet Show" WONDERFUL special, the book is good too. :zany:
  6. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

Yeah, I /devoured/ the book. Awwww. Does anyone know where I can buy this? :o
  7. MGov

MGov New Member

From IMDB, re: "The Jim Henson Hour"

8. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

The only way you can buy it is if you are in the UK they have a TMS boxset with that as a Special Feature.
  9. Beauregard

It's not a box set, it's a complilation dvd called, "The Best of the Muppet Show Vol. 1."

And it is very good indeed.
  10. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

Well I guess I'll have to go the UK then. *Packs suitcase and hails a cab*
  11. Beauregard

If you are coming to the UK...you should hail a taxi...
  12. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

If I'm going to the UK, I should hail a /boat/.
  13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I think they have done this more than one time; because on what you are referring to, I think it was Gonzo who did this gag.
  14. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

The special you are reffering Ilikemuppets is "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson." Wonderful, sad special. :zany:
  15. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

You're taking about an episode of the Jim Henson Hour that aired in 89, And the Muppet's were in denial that they were puppets and that there were People were controlling them, not the fact that people were under were actually beneath them and they moved whenever they moved.
  16. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah, I saw it when it Originally aired.
  17. Lazarus

Lazarus New Member

Do they still have 'The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson' avalible? I heard it was amazing (and extreamly touching).
  18. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Those three specials (Secrets of the Muppets, Of Muppets and Men, and Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson) are all at The Museum of TV and Radio in New York City. For viewing, not purchase, but still.

They're all great behind the scenes shows. Of Muppets and Men had so much puppeteer footage I'd never seen before.
  19. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

I'm gettin Of Muppets and Men special for me birthday. *Does happy dance* Can't wait. Do they have most of the things they mentioned in the book in it?