I just broke the top ten!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What the heck is this SR vs JR member?

Muppet Central embraces and accepts all its members. There is no seniority. The forum has only been around for less than 4 years. I first started coming around in the fall of 2000 and officially joined a few months later. This is an equal opportunity place - not a clique hinging off of what person joined how many months before the other. The whole seniority thing is moot to me. Has it gotten to a point where some members are looking so hard for reasons to dislike and disrespect others?

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Thanks Cory,

My Bert avatar (fixed up with a W for MC courtesy of Mr. Senior Member himself) is actually a construction paper creation made by my then-two-year-old daughter. She made Elmo, Bert, and Ernie, and they are all terrific IMO.

Bert is the most realistic portrayal of the three. When she finished with him, she looked him over, and said, "Bert is mad. He is mad at his pal Ernie. But they are still friends." It just doesn't get any better stated than that!

towels

Reaction score
Re: What the heck is this SR vs JR member?

Originally posted by frogboy4
Muppet Central embraces and accepts all its members. There is no seniority. The forum has only been around for less than 4 years. I first started coming around in the fall of 2000 and officially joined a few months later. This is an equal opportunity place - not a clique hinging off of what person joined how many months before the other. The whole seniority thing is moot to me. Has it gotten to a point where some members are looking so hard for reasons to dislike and disrespect others?
You don't have to look too hard...it's right under the name on each post!
:smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
I would be the one true MC Sr. Member here!!!!!
Nate, just so we can get this problem you so obviously have out into the open what the heck are you trying to say about me here ?

FellowWLover

Reaction score

Uh, no but it *has* gotten to the point where some people might have be reminded to take a joke at face value. A few pages back in this thread you made more than a couple comments in jest about the posting race yourself. Guess we found out what happens when you hit 1000... those doves must fly away with your sense of humor.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>My Bert avatar (fixed up with a W for MC courtesy of Mr. Senior Member himself) is actually a construction paper creation made by my then-two-year-old daughter. She made Elmo, Bert, and Ernie, and they are all terrific IMO.

Bert is the most realistic portrayal of the three. When she finished with him, she looked him over, and said, "Bert is mad. He is mad at his pal Ernie. But they are still friends." It just doesn't get any better stated than that<<<

Ok Jess, that seriously is the coolest thing Ive read all day on here. WOW!!! That is too cool...your daughter was making Muppet art at age 2??? At 4 I could barley make a Ernie with crayons, hehe. And yes, lots of great lessons can be learned from Bert and Ernie!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>A few pages back in this thread you made more than a couple comments in jest about the posting race yourself. Guess we found out what happens when you hit 1000... those doves must fly away with your sense of humor<<<

Well said...I thought the whole post race was just a big injoke?
But it seems Jamie has made it seem like some sort of elitist
angle.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Well to be fair, I should say that I cut out all the pieces and she glues them in place. Still, I felt it was a very cool project. She really worked hard on them. I have a photo scanned somewhere of the whole bodies. I will email it to you some day.

Luke

Reaction score

Muppet Central embraces and accepts all its members. There is no seniority.
Jamie,

It's just a joke. Wasn't it you who started with the 'nobodys gonna overtake the Frogboy' posts ? (which was obviously also a fun joke). As to whether there is any kinda vibe as to who has been here a while, of course there is - most of the original members of Muppet Central are very close, and do have some kind of affinity - it doesn't mean Muppet Central doesn't welcome newer members any the less, or makes out there is any kind of seniority over them. You came here yourself midway into the sites history and recieved a warm welcome yourself. As to whether there should be any 'senior member' vs 'member' you obviously have stronger opinions of that and seems to think it really represents something (wheras give it a year and 50% of the forum would be 'senior members') - it's Phillip obviously who programmed that in, you're a moderator - i guess maybe you could raise it with him. Personally i take it as a bit of fun and don't see a reason to throw a hissy fit.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have heard such elitist talk of seniority before and forgive me if I took these particular statements out of context, but to say that other there is some sort of pecking order at MC is completely false and the newer members should be made aware of it so they do not feel left out. There is no "programming" or such. It just started to be less of a joke in my eyes and more or a statement. I must say that I did not receive a friendly welcome from some "senior" members when I joined and and have heard the same from others. I want to make sure others do not feel that way.