I Love the 90s MC thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Honestly I hope they outlive Family Guy, I like the Simpions better. They may not be as good as they once were but I think there is something to be said for being the first :smile:.
Well, I say that the Simpsons was hardly the first. After all, Flintstones and Rocky and Bullwinkle were the first "prime Time" cartoon series aimed at older audiences... though they had a huge youngster following (much like the Simpsons does).

That said, I hardly think Family Guy will last the 10 year mark. I love FG and all, but it's ran out of steam the last 2 seasons. I think they should focus their efforts more on American Dad, as it is a vastly superior show, and actually has levels to it outside of pop culture jokes. I still think Robot Chicken does what Family guy wants to, and always wanted to. Just act as a random bunch of cut scenes that make fun of pop culture.

But the Simpsons is an American Classic. Even though after the first 11 seasons, it's been on and off. And Lisa should NEVER be the focus of any more episodes for a long time. And Sideshow Mel, Cletus, and Ralph Wiggum should be treated as characters, and not catchphrases. Though, in all honesty, they need to find a way to kill Cletus off. The one thing Family Guy does better than the Simpsons, is that they know how to handle annoying characters that are over used. They killed off the Evil Monkey, The Vaudeville Guys (though they brought them back as ghosts), and Paddy tanninger the Caddy manager. They still need a way to finish off Herbert, though.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
the problem is the simpsons kill of characters that arent overused. They Killed off Maude (why? I mean really! Did people hate her that much?) and Dr Nick (I dont get this one, I liked him :stick_out_tongue:)

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
the problem is the simpsons kill of characters that arent overused. They Killed off Maude (why? I mean really! Did people hate her that much?) and Dr Nick (I dont get this one, I liked him :stick_out_tongue:)
I heard that Maude was killed because her voice actress (Maggie Roswell) left the show over a pay dispute. Dr. Nick is dead? when did that happen?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
i didnt know that. dr nick died at the end iof the movie. apparently he isnt going to be in the series any more.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yikes! I've seen those trolls on many a desk and they scare me! :eek:

I would say that family guy makes fun of Pop culture. They just completely redo and show something exactly the way it was and just show it not apparent reason at all and it just take up time in the saw. It's very strange just watching part or a complete opening credit sequence in a middle of another show... :smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I heard that Maude was killed because her voice actress (Maggie Roswell) left the show over a pay dispute. Dr. Nick is dead? when did that happen?
Yeah... at the end, he was impailed by a piece of broken glass or metal or something. Or at least pinned down on it.

But seriously, Cletus ceased being funny at the end of the Clinton Administration. Just get rid of him.

Plus, much as I love him, Hank Azaria is overused in the Simpsons. Every single random character added to new episodes is voiced by him.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah... at the end, he was impailed by a piece of broken glass or metal or something. Or at least pinned down on it.
Yeah! That was very graphic and gruesomely animated to have ever been animated on the Television show...