I Met Kermit And Gonzo At Dca!

muppet baby

Reaction score
yes they are great thank you so much i hope this is so great i love the pictures

i hope that the lab is up again when i go to dca in a few weeks thanks windy girl :smile:

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you all know (if you haven't already found it) that there is some good info in one of the other threads, which is titled "Muppet Mobile Labs Launched This Week!" In it, new member Noonchester confirms that Dave Goelz did operate Bunsen during this test run of the Muppet Mobile Labs. He writes "I work at Disney's California Adventure and got to see the Muppet Mobile Labs first hand. ... I had been hired by Disney and Imagineering to do the test until Dave, himself decided to be a part of the project."

There is also another link to this article:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/article_001129.htm
which was on the front page of the Los Angeles Times business section on Friday (pretty good exposure, I'd say). Some parts of the article that I found interesting:

- Bunsen and Beaker "can be removed from their roving lab and put into theater chairs, on rides, or in any other setting."

- "The goal is for one person to operate the characters from as far away as Glendale, the headquarters of Walt Disney Imagineering."

- "The portable, wireless technology also allows Disney to bring to life nontraditional characters. Most of the Muppets, for example, are too small to be portrayed by a human in costume. Disney is considering using the technology to bring other characters, including those from Pixar movies, to its parks."

Thanks for the photos, wendygirl!

-Murray

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think that is so cool that you can actually remove them and put them in therater and rides! Jim Henson would love this!

That you for the artical!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Awesome video! I really hope they roll this out (no pun intended) in multiple Disney parks soon--I've been hoping to go back to Florida, so it would just blow my mind to see this in action!

:confused: :eek:

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
Bunsen doesn't really sound like himself in those youtube videos. He's just casually talking and not really saying anything funny. This would be a fun job if you could do it right!

muppet baby

Reaction score
I sure hope that this all comes about that would be so great to have that at disneyland oh God i hope so that they make that in to dca that would be so great and also be able to make more mercindise for muppets :smile: :mad:

Smiles

Reaction score
Man! I wish I could meet Steve and Dave! Sigh, and that Muppet Mobile Lab thing looks so awsome. If only I could be at California Adventure
Perhaps I'll hitchhike cross country...:smile:

wendygirl

Reaction score
Minstrel Murray said:
Just wanted to let you all know (if you haven't already found it) that there is some good info in one of the other threads, which is titled "Muppet Mobile Labs Launched This Week!" In it, new member Noonchester confirms that Dave Goelz did operate Bunsen during this test run of the Muppet Mobile Labs. He writes "I work at Disney's California Adventure and got to see the Muppet Mobile Labs first hand. ... I had been hired by Disney and Imagineering to do the test until Dave, himself decided to be a part of the project."-Murray

When I was trying to decide where to post about meeting them, I did see that thread. I just decided decided it would be good to start a new thread. At the time I skimmed the thread you mention, but what Noonchester said did not sink it. Now it has. That is awesome that he met with him and everything. I would agree with his assessment that Dave is a quiet man but very willing to answer questions. Steve was much more talkative.
:big_grin: I wish Noonchester would post more and tell us about himself and how he got that job and what he does. Hint, hint. I notice on his profile he lists his occupation as actor. I would like to know more :excited:

I have some more links to some great videos. The first is at Google video. There are four parts because in total it is about 30 minutes long. It was filmed Sunday afternoon and Bunsen Honeydew is in really rare form. Someone said he wasn't all that funny, but in this performance he got a lot of laughs and there was a huge crowd.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2847599918430034011

The other three parts are there. You just have to look on the right side for them.

The other video is on LaughingPlace.com. Interestingly enough there is a crossover between the video on google and this one. The person on google actually filmed Doug interviewing Bunsen (Video Part 3) and then on LaughingPlace you can see the interview! It is pretty cool.

http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-376.asp

You have to go about half way down to get to the video links.

muppet baby

Reaction score
wendygirl said:
When I was trying to decide where to post about meeting them, I did see that thread. I just decided decided it would be good to start a new thread. At the time I skimmed the thread you mention, but what Noonchester said did not sink it. Now it has. That is awesome that he met with him and everything. I would agree with his assessment that Dave is a quiet man but very willing to answer questions. Steve was much more talkative.
:big_grin: I wish Noonchester would post more and tell us about himself and how he got that job and what he does. Hint, hint. I notice on his profile he lists his occupation as actor. I would like to know more :excited:

I have some more links to some great videos. The first is at Google video. There are four parts because in total it is about 30 minutes long. It was filmed Sunday afternoon and Bunsen Honeydew is in really rare form. Someone said he wasn't all that funny, but in this performance he got a lot of laughs and there was a huge crowd.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2847599918430034011

The other three parts are there. You just have to look on the right side for them.

The other video is on LaughingPlace.com. Interestingly enough there is a crossover between the video on google and this one. The person on google actually filmed Doug interviewing Bunsen (Video Part 3) and then on LaughingPlace you can see the interview! It is pretty cool.

http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-376.asp

You have to go about half way down to get to the video links.
I know what you mean windy girl i would love to know more as well that would be great sounds interesting he he he :smile: