I miss Guy Smiley

Dantecat

Reaction score
I think it was some kind of a school game and the prizes were a pencil case and a bookbag maybe! :confused: I don't remember too much but it has a while ago.But I know what you're just talking about ceecee.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well.... they do show "Do de rubba Duck" in the current season...

I mean, I can kind of see why he's not on in reruns anymore. I mean, the character is pretty much a send up of 70's (and early early 80's) Game show hosts (i.e. Monty Hall) and Game shows don't really have the same effect they used to back then (it's all that reality crap). Not happy about it either, but that's my assumption.

And we won't see him in new skits, as they haven't recast Guy yet, and I think they never will, as a tribute to Jim. With that said, David Rudman supposedly was recast to play Sonny Friendly.... if they ever do any future Game Show parodies, I hope they don't over look him.

Nickrj

Reaction score
Song with GS about seasons

I remember seeing a song where Guy Smiley sings about the 4 seasons starting with Spring then Summer then Fall and Winter. Anyone remember what this song was called and what happened to Guy in all 4 seasons?

Nick Johnson

ssetta

Reaction score
The song was called "I Love You In Springtime."

Dantecat

Reaction score
What year was that song and What are the lyrics to this song?

salemfan

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
And we won't see him in new skits, as they haven't recast Guy yet, and I think they never will, as a tribute to Jim. With that said, David Rudman supposedly was recast to play Sonny Friendly.... if they ever do any future Game Show parodies, I hope they don't over look him.
Actually, they have recast Guy Smiley. In 2001, he appeared in the main street story of a season 32 episode in which Maria has many emergency toaster repairs. Guy was put as one of Maria's patrons as opposed to a game show host, and Dantecat says Guy was played by Steve Whitmire in that episode.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
in looking at...

In looking at the link provided by HerryGrail,
I just wanted to say that I remember number 11 on that list.

http://www.luluberlu.com/themes/sesame.htm

I used to have Sesame Street cake toppers. I'm pretty positive I remember having Bert, Ernie, Big Bird, and Cookie Monster on my 5th. birthday cake. I've got pictures somewhere. :stick_out_tongue: :smile:

By the way, for more Guy Smiley links, I'd try doing an Image search on Google.com You find a lot of interesting things that way. Here's a neat page I found about the game show "What's My Line?"
www.geocities.com/ TelevisionCity/4439/wmlwmp.html

One of the pages on the site has pictures from Guy Smiley's parody of the game show on Sesame Street. Check it out.

:big_grin:

ssetta

Reaction score
teenintosesame said:
Actually, they have recast Guy Smiley. In 2001, he appeared in the main street story of a season 32 episode in which Maria has many emergency toaster repairs. Guy was put as one of Maria's patrons as opposed to a game show host, and Dantecat says Guy was played by Steve Whitmire in that episode.
That episode was actually originally from Season 30, but then it reran in season 32.