I Need INFO on Sesame Place

rtgentry

Reaction score
Can anyone share infor on sesame place. I am planning a vacation for my family and would like some feedback on hotels, things close by , the park, and even New york.

Please help... I am Texan yall

rtgentry

Reaction score
I just found a very informitive thread on the subject. But I still would like to know the info on whats in the area. How far is it from New York ? We are wanting to go to the big apple a couple days during the week. We are at the park for two day and we have two days to go to new york any suggestions?

rtgentry

Reaction score
Thanks muppet matt, I have been there, I was just hoping to get a little info on how far New York is and how to get there (like taxi?) Things like that

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Make sure you go on the rubber ducky ride! You cant miss it. Its the giant waterslide with a GIANT rubber ducky on the top and is reallly close to the entrance :big_grin: Its the best ride there!

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Hi:

I think I can help, having been a New Yorker and been to SESAME PLACE three times now.

From New York to Pennsylvania (where SESAME is located) is at least 3-4 hours drive. You can easily do the drive there and back in one day. Heck, when I lived in Maryland, I drove to SESAME PLACE and back in one day and was back even in time for a late supper.

There is a hotel right across the street where I stayed. As a matter of fact, from my room window, you could see the top of the Rubber Ducky ride! I don't remember if it's a Mariott or a Hyatt - perhaps you can call SESAME PLACE and ask someone what the hotel across the street is? It was a nice upscale hotel, but reasonable rates.

Hope this helps! One word of advice: try to avoid popular holidays like Memorial or July 4th. SESAME gets VERY crowded.

rtgentry

Reaction score
Is there transportation that we could take from Sesame Place to new york. We want to see the statue of liberty and also try to get to sesame street set.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Not the biggest expert here... But me thinks the best way to get from Sesame Place in Pennsylvania to NYC would be to bite the bullet and drive the 3-4 hours between both locations. Or you could check and see if there are trains or buses that regularly make the trip between the two cities.

As for visiting the set of the show itself... That might prove harder, as people in another thread here have intimated you need rully close connections to get invited and tour the actual set.
Hope this helps somewhat, and have a great vacation.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Place?

I guess that could be the title of this thread. Anyway I went to Sesame Place with my daughter last summer. It was a lot of fun, I'm hoping to go back soon so I can try out some of the attractions/rides I didn't get to go on last time since Megan was a little scared and I was recovering from hernia surgery.