1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

I switched Piggy heads!!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by simon42, Aug 14, 2002.

1. simon42

simon42 New Member

I really like the EB Piggy but not the regular Piggy. However, I feel the regular Piggy has a more original costume. I only remember Piggy ever wearing her purple dress unless in a specific skit that required otherwise (i.e. Pigs in Space). So...I finally got the courage to swap the heads on the two and now she looks perfect. I'm so pleased. Thought I'd share...

2. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

Got a pic?

3. ronskimomo

ronskimomo New Member

Yeah, I'd like to see that as well.

4. Jackie

Jackie New Member

LOL!!! You are insane! Get a pic of that up!

5. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Wouldn't it have been easier to paint the EB Piggy's dress purple?

6. simon42

simon42 New Member

Are you kidding? It took like 30 seconds to switch the heads.

7. simon42

simon42 New Member

8. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

What tips can you give if someone is interested in trying it too?

9. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

Poor Piggy...man, we really blew it on that hair up head sculpt!

I take full responsibility...sniff...

10. simon42

simon42 New Member

Just gently turn her head as you pull up on it, be very gentl though. Then push and turn to put it back in. It was really simple.

11. Louis Kazagger

Louis Kazagger New Member

Wow, you didn't even have to use the "boil and pop" method on the heads? Simplicity in itself. :)

12. ResidentLilly

Is it just me, or does the term "boil and pop" remind anyone else of their teenage years?

13. Smig

Smig New Member

Actually, that sounds like a good line of figures..'"BOIL AND POP- THE ZIT-WITS".. two figures covered head to toe in acne and other such bodily marks like pimples, warts, etc. you squeeze them and they make popping noises.. some versions you fill with water, squeeze, and watch the liquid squirt out of the pustles.. a guaranteed hit for the 6-10 year old crowd!

Smig

14. ResidentLilly

LOL...and a little "ewwww" for good measure!

15. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Why not? I've accually seen grosser ideas on the shelves.

16. Louis Kazagger

Louis Kazagger New Member

LOL! Seriously though, any customizer here worth his or her salt knows all about the "boil and pop method". Warm a mug of water in the microwave for a minute, then submerge the toy in the water for thirty seconds or so. That makes the plastic really soft and pliable. Take the figure out, and pull quickly and firmly (with an oven mitted hand lest you get burnt by any hot water inside the toy) and pop, off comes the head. Easy as pie. I altered quite a few Trek figures when the new blue shouldered Starfleet uniforms came out, but Playmated never released the Deep Space Nine crew in those unis.

17. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Phillip Chapman

LOL! Phil your a hoot!

but this is really a great idea and i was always thinking "i wish i could have my EB piggy head on the reg body"!

18. Thog

Thog New Member

Hmmmm....I wonder if it will work with Dr. Teeth and Bunsen..........

:D

19. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Oh great! We are going to have mutant figures for sure!

20. Joseph

Joseph New Member

Soon Palisades will start putting out muppet mutants to capitalize on this new found discovery.