"Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" Announced for 2009

D'Snowth

Reaction score
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1080016/

Aw man!

I mean, come on! The first one was great as it was, it didn't need a sequel, but sure enough they made one, and it SUCKED!

And now all of the sudden here they go going to ruin the whole Ice Age franchise as it is with a threquel... and now we're getting into dinosaur territory? Did Chris Wedge say in the behind-the-scenes featurette for the first one that researchers told them to avoid working dinosaurs into the story because they were well before any actual ice age?

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
I saw a teaser for it yesterday when me and my cousins saw "Horton Hears a Who!". I didn't seem to like it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I saw a teaser for it yesterday when me and my cousins saw "Horton Hears a Who!". I didn't seem to like it.
That's where I saw it too, and the second I saw Scrat I thought "Good Lord, not a third one!"

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, the first tow made a lot of money, so... What's another franchise being run int o the ground. My first reaction when seeing the name of this thread was...:rolleyes:,:rolleyes: and:rolleyes:...

Drtooth

Reaction score
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1080016/

Aw man!

I mean, come on! The first one was great as it was, it didn't need a sequel, but sure enough they made one, and it SUCKED!

And now all of the sudden here they go going to ruin the whole Ice Age franchise as it is with a threquel... and now we're getting into dinosaur territory? Did Chris Wedge say in the behind-the-scenes featurette for the first one that researchers told them to avoid working dinosaurs into the story because they were well before any actual ice age?
Actually, I felt the second one had a stronger script and better pacing. I feel that the first one was a sweeter film, but it seemed that in IA2 Blue Sky esablished themselves.

But a third is really iffy. They did hint at a frozen Dinosaur in the first film (check out the ice cavern scene). I can really see it following the plot line of the first 2 films, where the Dino isn't so much a terror, but misunderstood and learns about friendship.

Everyone knows in a trillogy, the third is always the weakest film. Back to the Future and TMNT are prime examples.

Pork

Reaction score
Man, that's so stupid. I thought the second one was really dumb. Somehow I don't think I'll be going to see the third one.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I can't help but to wonder if any of this has to do with the never ending Shrek movies? I mean would they really be doing this if releasing all those Dreamworks releases didn't work so well? Are they really so reliable on a franchise that their going on the old "If it ain't broke" saying? Because you might not be able to break some things, but you sure can ruin them.:smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know, I'm not sure?

The thing of it is, the guys at DreamWorks planned on doing a sequel to Shrek before they even finished the first one.

I think with Ice Age, on the other hand, they did the first one, it turned out pretty good, so I assume because of that, they decided to do a sequel in which spring was approaching, thus melting much of the ice.

Now, again, with Shrek, the producers seem to keep planning more sequels before even completing the ones they are currently working on; Ice Age, on the other hand, a lot of people predicted there'd be a third one because Manny now has a love interest, Sid's had his fun with the mini-sloths, so that leaves doors open for them to have some fun with Diego now.

That's just my thinking.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
What I'm saying it that the makers and studio who put Ice age out decided to make all theses sequels base on the success that the Shrek sequels have had and are having.