"Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" Announced for 2009

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I like the original "Ice Age" even though the animation is sub-par and the story is fairly paint-by-number. It has some shining moments, a lot of style and character. The sequel has better animation, but is really a scattered retread of the first film.

I just saw the teaser trailer for the third installment before "Horton" and must say that it could work. Yeah, it's running off the fumes of the first film, but at least this one is adding a little something new to its previous formula. The cast is back too. I'll give it a chance. :wink:

By the way, "Horton" was pretty good. Definitely in the B rage grade-wise. Beautiful to watch, funny and has none of the snarkiness the other live action films inflicted on Seuss fans. Oh, and make note of the colorful character Katie. She was my absolute favorite! :flirt:

BEAR

Reaction score
Everyone knows in a trillogy, the third is always the weakest film. Back to the Future and TMNT are prime examples.
I have to disagree. I find that in a lot of trilogies, the second is the weakest and the third one is there to bring the whole thing to a nice close. Two examples: The Santa Clause trilogy and the Aladdin trilogy. Both of these had lame sequels, but the third was better.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have to disagree. I find that in a lot of trilogies, the second is the weakest and the third one is there to bring the whole thing to a nice close. Two examples: The Santa Clause trilogy and the Aladdin trilogy. Both of these had lame sequels, but the third was better.
Really? I thought The Santa Clause 2 was the best one out of the entire trilogy, while the first one was lame!

Greedo

Reaction score
Daw, I just knew they'd beat it to death. It's something that seems to happen a lot to animations especially. Sequels kinda ruin the movies they were based on, too. Trequels are WORSE!:grouchy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now that I think of it, it DOES seem to be a trend in animation, doesn't it? Maybe it's kind of an un-written rule or something that successful animated movies have to spawn sequels.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Now that I think of it, it DOES seem to be a trend in animation, doesn't it? Maybe it's kind of an un-written rule or something that successful animated movies have to spawn sequels.
Either that or just a really good way Micheal Eisner came up with you make a whooooo-o-o-o-o-o-o-ole lot of money.:zany:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I should have said usually instead of always. My mistake. but Santa Clause is not really the best example. The first one was cute, the other 2 were really not needed. But there are third movies that are the better or best of the trillogies. I personally found Naked Gun 3 more entertaining than the previous 2, and I think Star Wars 3 saved the Franchise.

Pork

Reaction score
Well, I don't know. I loved all of the Star Wars Movies. Except "The Phantom Menace" was a bit lacking I think. And they could of done WITHOUT Jar Jar Stinks.