Idea for new Muppet Show

King Prawn

Reaction score
I like that idea, someone once has a simillar idea where they (the Muppets) inherited a Vegas Hotel, I think it was an idea for a movie not a show.

I wonder who that was? I remember reading that about two years ago

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
You sure do get offended easily.
i wasn't offended, i just came out to harsh...

anyways about the hotel thing, that sounds like a cool idea. it would probably work, the muppets have done a show in a theater and a tv station, so why not a hotel. that and pepe can be reunited with seymore and they could be bellhops......

ryan

WiGgY

Reaction score
They did a show in a theater because they were putting on a show. They did a show in a TV station because they were putting on a show. What sense does it make to put them into a hotel and do musical numbers and comedy skits? Will they just break into song for no reason? Seems to wacky for my taste.

I think they should just do what ever they can. A show should make sense. Throwing the muppets into a hotel or a celeberty's home is too forced. I mean, why are they there? Are they there just because they are there or is there a reason?

Whataday

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
They did a show in a theater because they were putting on a show. They did a show in a TV station because they were putting on a show. What sense does it make to put them into a hotel and do musical numbers and comedy skits?

Are American hotels different to British hotels? Don't you have entertainment areas, kitchens, dining areas, conference rooms, outdoor grounds, swimming pools, gyms or golf courses at your hotels? Then you've got the hundreds of different types of staff: cooks, cleaners, porters, managers, entertainers, gardeners... I've been in a couple of hotels with a resident hair stylist and beauty team. There's loads of possibilities for sketches in a hotel environment.

And what needs to make sense about the Muppets running a hotel? Did it make sense to have a bunch of bears, pigs, chickens and whatevers running a theatre?

Imagine sketches in the conference rooms, such as the marketting frogs in Muppets Take Manhatten ("Hmmm..."), or the Sell Sell Sell guy.

Statler and Waldorf could be there, always complaining to Kermit about the bad service. Swedish Chef in the kitchen, etc.

Iggy35

Reaction score
Whataday said:
OK, so back to the drawing board....

How about:

MUPPET HEIGHTS
The Muppets run their own hotel. There's a lot of scope there for cameos, musical numbers and sketches.

I can just see Fozzie & Gonzo as porters, and Kermit as the hotel boss. Oh, and all hotels need a kitchen, complete with Swedish chef! Obviously the cameos can be the hotel guests.
Sounds good.
Maybe we could have an episode where the germans pay a visit...or one of the guests die and.....ooops sounds familiar!

IGGY35