"If I ran the Muppets" thread. Post YOUR good ideas HERE!

christyb

Reaction score
spcglider said:
I got banned from playing Muppets too early at work. Evidently some people find their happy demeanor too intense or distasteful early in the morning.

:stick_out_tongue:

-Gordon
That's because you didn't have the right connections. I'm pretty good with the manager and she lets me play it. (Oh yeah did I mention the manager was yours truly? :stick_out_tongue:)

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I don't thik it nessasary to reintroduce anything. THe people who care will be the ones who always have. And if people are interested, then the'll keep whaching and find our or be reminded. But you reall can't shove if down people throats to try and remind then becausethere going to think what there going to think one way or another. But I think it always possible for the Muppets to be sucessful no matter what.

Just give them good material and the rest will wirte itself.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
I don't thik it nessasary to reintroduce anything. THe people who care will be the ones who always have. And if people are interested, then the'll keep whaching and find our or be reminded. But you reall can't shove if down people throats to try and remind then becausethere going to think what there going to think one way or another. But I think it always possible for the Muppets to be sucessful no matter what.

Just give them good material and the rest will wirte itself.
Sorry, Just my opinion.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i really think that the re introducing thing is all because the only muppet thing that has been steadly on tv since the lates 1990's was SS. I think it is not really reintrdocing the Muppets to the pulice but reintorducing them to T.V

spcglider

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
Gordon, I agree that the Muppets are broad (or at least they were), but disagree that they're not deep. As far as characterization goes, there is depth but a lot of it has been lost in the years since Jim died. Ever read "Of Muppets & Men: The Making of The Muppet Show" by Christopher Finch? It's a great read and lays out the characters and how they and their universe work in surprisingly complex detail, and I'd highly recommend finding it. Quite possibly the best book ever written on the subject of the Muppets.
Yup. It's in my personal library. I failed to qualify the statement.

The Muppets, IMO, are very much like the concept of P'u in Taoist philosophy. Explained very concisely in "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff, the "uncarved block" or the "accepting innocent" is a vital overall attitude for the Muppets. They approach everything they encounter with a near-gullible innocence. Which is why their reactions to things are (or were) so refreshingly funny and often unexpected.

My comment was intended to indicate the entirety of the Muppets (the prevailing group conciousness), and wasn't aimed at any specific characters.

I'll take some time later on to describe what Scott McCloud, author of "Understanding Comics" calls "the masking effect"... which I feel is also quite germain to this line of thought.

"The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made" would be a great theatrical release if it could be done right. I'm skeptical, but after watching "Muppet Classic Theatre" I know there's some hope and that the writers CAN do the classic Muppet style. The big question is whether or not they're ALLOWED to do the classic Muppet style. As far as I'm concerned, writing is everything. A bad script sunk both "Kermit's Swamp Years" and "Muppets Wizard of Oz" before one frame of either was taped. And the bad script was a clear result of trying to pander to the audience, 'dumb it down' for an attempt at a certain demographic. And it's worrying.
Yup...and it's exactly what we need, as admirers of the Muppets, to let the folks in charge know that we don't like.

-G

spcglider

Reaction score
christyb said:
That's because you didn't have the right connections. I'm pretty good with the manager and she lets me play it. (Oh yeah did I mention the manager was yours truly? :stick_out_tongue:)
Did I mention that I run the business? LOL!!
-G:smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
interseting stuff, i am going to try and call Dsney today cause i want to get some answer.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's a great indea..

If I was in charge, I would have Disney open up a Muppet theme park. It would have Muppet rides, attractions, walk-arounds, and gift shops. Clips from various Muppet productions would be shown on TV monitors while the guests wait to go on their rides. Maybe there could be a big screen TV in the various resturaunts, for fans to watch the Muppets while eating.

The gift shop merchandise will mostly be limited to Muppet merchandise. No other Disney-related merchandise will be sold, though I would arranbge for some Sesame Street and Henson products to be sold.

Some of mthe attractions would include:

The Hall of Performers: featuring animatronic versions of Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Dave Goelz, Jerry Nelson, Steve Whitmire, and Richard Hunt.

The Electric Mayhem in Concert: featuring animatronic versions of the band performing live.

Muppet Labs Activity Center: where guests can explore Muppet Labs, and go into virtural reality environments.

Uncle Deadley's Haunted House: featuring animatronic versions of the various Muppet monsters.

Rides would include a Great Gonzo rollercoaster, which is designed to look like a rocket, which Crazy Harry blasts off, a Muppet ferris wheel, a swamp ride, and an elevador, operaded by animatronics of Seymour and Pepe.

There would also be a water park, designed to look like a swamp, with statues of the various frogs and alligators, as well as Kermit and Robin animatronics. And there would be a water slide as well.

Walk-around characters would include Kermit, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Rizzo, Pepe, Clifford, Rowlf, Scooter, Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Animal, Janice, Zoot, Lips, Pops, Beauregard, Bunsen, Beaker, Sam the Eagle, the Penguins, Camilla, Robin, Sweetums, Thog, Doglion, Mean Mama, George, Mildred, Bobby Benson, Marvin Suggs, Hilda, Statler, Waldorf, Johnny Fiama, Sal, Crazy Harry, Wayne, Wanda, Bill the Bubble Guy, Nigel the conductor, Lew Zeland, Dr. Phil van Neuter, Mulch, Bobo, Digit, Leon, Bean Bunny, Lindberg, Andy, Randy, Mahna Mahna, Nigel the director, Droop, Boppity, Gloat, Uncle Deadley, and The Swedish Chef.

spcglider

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
interseting stuff, i am going to try and call Dsney today cause i want to get some answer.
Answers to what questions?

Just curious.

-Gordon

spcglider

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Here's a great indea..

If I was in charge, I would have Disney open up a Muppet theme park.
Some of mthe attractions would include: (clipped here)

The Hall of Performers: featuring animatronic versions of Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Dave Goelz, Jerry Nelson, Steve Whitmire, and Richard Hunt.

The Electric Mayhem in Concert: featuring animatronic versions of the band performing live.

Muppet Labs Activity Center: where guests can explore Muppet Labs, and go into virtural reality environments.

Uncle Deadley's Haunted House: featuring animatronic versions of the various Muppet monsters.

Rides would include a Great Gonzo rollercoaster, which is designed to look like a rocket, which Crazy Harry blasts off, a Muppet ferris wheel, a swamp ride, and an elevador, operaded by animatronics of Seymour and Pepe.

There would also be a water park, designed to look like a swamp, with statues of the various frogs and alligators, as well as Kermit and Robin animatronics. And there would be a water slide as well.
All GREAT ideas. Keep 'em coming folks! :smile:

-Gordon (The cheerleader)