If there ever was a season six of the Muppet show.....

Greengables95

Reaction score
What celebrities would you have liked to see? Here's my ideal cast:
THE MUPPET SHOW SEASON 6
Episode 1: Nipsey Russell
Episode 2: Creedence Clearwater Revival
Episode 3: Carroll O'Connor
Episode 4: Carole King
Episode 5: Buddy Hackett
Episode 6: Aretha Franklin
Episode 7: Judy Garland
Episode 8: Dean Martin
Episode 9: Pat Benatar
Episode 10: James Taylor
Episode 11: Francoise Hardy
Episode 12: Jimmy Walker
Episode 13: Roddy MacDowell
Episode 14: Orson Wells
Episode 15: Frank Sinatra
Episode 16: Toni Basil
Episode 17: Bill Murray
Episode 18: Mel Brooks
Episode 19: Chaka Khan
Episode 20: Artie Johnson
Episode 21: Michael Landon
Episode 22: Shelley Duvall
Episode 23: Robin Williams
Episode 24: Madonna

Scooterforever

Reaction score
What celebrities would you have liked to see? Here's my ideal cast:
THE MUPPET SHOW SEASON 6
Episode 17: Bill Murray
Episode 18: Mel Brooks
Man, I would have loved to have seen Bill Murray host an episode of the original show, and it goes without saying that Mel Brooks would've been a fantastic guest too, given his great cameo in The Muppet Movie. I would've liked to have seen Charles Grodin host the original show, given how great he was in GMC. Also, since there was an official Star Wars episode with Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, Chewy, R2-D2, and C-3PO, why not an episode with Kirk, Spock, and McCoy?

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I like the Star Trek idea (nice tie-in to the first round of new movies with the original cast). James Taylor and Robin Williams would have been perfect fits too, and not just because of their bang-on Sesame Street cameos.

From the list posted above: CCR, Caroll O'Connor, Carole King (whose "I Feel The Earth Move" was covered by Loretta Swit on TMS Season 5 and has been rolling around my head for the past couple of days), Aretha Franklin, Dean Martin, Pat Benatar (keep that Debby Harry vibe going!), Jimmie Walker, Orson Welles, Bill Murray and Mel Brooks would have gotten my vote, too.

Sinatra somehow strikes me as being all attitude and no charm - not a good fit for the Muppets (although Johnny Fiama would have loved it, had he been around in the TMS era). Madonna? Chaka Kahn? Hmmm...

I remember sending a handwritten letter to Jim Henson in 1982 (at the age of 9) in which I suggested Henry Winkler, Ron Howard, Anson Williams, John Schneider and Juice Newton as TMS guests, not realizing that the show was officially off the air. I still think they would have fit perfectly on TMS (except I'm not sure if Howard could/can sing).

John Belushi might have done TMS, and done it well, if asked...I wouldn't have thought of this before I saw how well Jack Black (the New Millennium Belushi) fit in The Muppets.

Hmmm...who else...Olivia Newton-John, John Ritter (who cracked one out of the park on The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show), Eddie Murphy, Gary Coleman, Jane Curtin, Dan Aykroyd, Steve Guttenberg, Michael Keaton, pretty much anybody from SCTV (imagine Bob and Doug McKenzie on The Muppet Show!)...hmmm...this is fun...

Hartley

Reaction score
Another thumbs up for Bill Murray. Also I always thought Randy Newman would have been a great guest.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Hmmm...who else...Olivia Newton-John, John Ritter (who cracked one out of the park on The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show), Eddie Murphy, Gary Coleman, Jane Curtin, Dan Aykroyd, Steve Guttenberg, Michael Keaton, pretty much anybody from SCTV (imagine Bob and Doug McKenzie on The Muppet Show!)...hmmm...this is fun...
I always wanted to see Olivia Newton-John on The Muppet Show (If timing would've been perfect, she could've been there to help promote one of her two movies ("Grease" or "Xanadu"). )

Drtooth

Reaction score
Robin Williams WAS on the short list of potential guest stars if they ever made a season six. But Jim thought five was enough, so we never got that. Kinda a shame.

Hubert

Reaction score
Robin Williams WAS on the short list of potential guest stars if they ever made a season six. But Jim thought five was enough, so we never got that. Kinda a shame.
I actually think, if I'm not mistaken, that Robin Williams was originally scheduled for TMS, but then opted out later on or something...of course don't quote me on that...

EDIT: I just checked...in 1979 (around season 3ish), he was announced in a TMS fan club newsletter as a guest star, yet never appeared.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I'd also would have loved to have seen Bill Cosby, Sammy Davis, Jr., Jerry Lewis, Bob Denver, and Alan Hale Jr., Andy Griffith, the cast of Sesame Street (including the humans), and Jack Burns guest star.