1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

If there ever was a season six of the Muppet show.....

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Greengables95, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Greengables95

Greengables95 Member

What celebrities would you have liked to see? Here's my ideal cast:
    THE MUPPET SHOW SEASON 6
    Episode 1: Nipsey Russell
    Episode 2: Creedence Clearwater Revival
    Episode 3: Carroll O'Connor
    Episode 4: Carole King
    Episode 5: Buddy Hackett
    Episode 6: Aretha Franklin
    Episode 7: Judy Garland
    Episode 8: Dean Martin
    Episode 9: Pat Benatar
    Episode 10: James Taylor
    Episode 11: Francoise Hardy
    Episode 12: Jimmy Walker
    Episode 13: Roddy MacDowell
    Episode 14: Orson Wells
    Episode 15: Frank Sinatra
    Episode 16: Toni Basil
    Episode 17: Bill Murray
    Episode 18: Mel Brooks
    Episode 19: Chaka Khan
    Episode 20: Artie Johnson
    Episode 21: Michael Landon
    Episode 22: Shelley Duvall
    Episode 23: Robin Williams
    Episode 24: Madonna
  2. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

Judy Garland died in 1969......long before the Muppet Show.
    Greengables95 and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  3. Scooterforever

Scooterforever Active Member

Man, I would have loved to have seen Bill Murray host an episode of the original show, and it goes without saying that Mel Brooks would've been a fantastic guest too, given his great cameo in The Muppet Movie. I would've liked to have seen Charles Grodin host the original show, given how great he was in GMC. Also, since there was an official Star Wars episode with Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, Chewy, R2-D2, and C-3PO, why not an episode with Kirk, Spock, and McCoy?
    Greengables95 likes this.
  4. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

I like the Star Trek idea (nice tie-in to the first round of new movies with the original cast). James Taylor and Robin Williams would have been perfect fits too, and not just because of their bang-on Sesame Street cameos.

From the list posted above: CCR, Caroll O'Connor, Carole King (whose "I Feel The Earth Move" was covered by Loretta Swit on TMS Season 5 and has been rolling around my head for the past couple of days), Aretha Franklin, Dean Martin, Pat Benatar (keep that Debby Harry vibe going!), Jimmie Walker, Orson Welles, Bill Murray and Mel Brooks would have gotten my vote, too.

Sinatra somehow strikes me as being all attitude and no charm - not a good fit for the Muppets (although Johnny Fiama would have loved it, had he been around in the TMS era). Madonna? Chaka Kahn? Hmmm...

I remember sending a handwritten letter to Jim Henson in 1982 (at the age of 9) in which I suggested Henry Winkler, Ron Howard, Anson Williams, John Schneider and Juice Newton as TMS guests, not realizing that the show was officially off the air. I still think they would have fit perfectly on TMS (except I'm not sure if Howard could/can sing).

John Belushi might have done TMS, and done it well, if asked...I wouldn't have thought of this before I saw how well Jack Black (the New Millennium Belushi) fit in The Muppets.

Hmmm...who else...Olivia Newton-John, John Ritter (who cracked one out of the park on The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show), Eddie Murphy, Gary Coleman, Jane Curtin, Dan Aykroyd, Steve Guttenberg, Michael Keaton, pretty much anybody from SCTV (imagine Bob and Doug McKenzie on The Muppet Show!)...hmmm...this is fun...
  5. Hartley

Hartley Member

Another thumbs up for Bill Murray. Also I always thought Randy Newman would have been a great guest.
  6. MissMusical12

I always wanted to see Olivia Newton-John on The Muppet Show (If timing would've been perfect, she could've been there to help promote one of her two movies ("Grease" or "Xanadu"). )
  7. Greengables95

Greengables95 Member

Yes, of a drug overdose. Thank you for pointing that out, MissMusical12!
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Robin Williams WAS on the short list of potential guest stars if they ever made a season six. But Jim thought five was enough, so we never got that. Kinda a shame.
  9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I actually think, if I'm not mistaken, that Robin Williams was originally scheduled for TMS, but then opted out later on or something...of course don't quote me on that...

EDIT: I just checked...in 1979 (around season 3ish), he was announced in a TMS fan club newsletter as a guest star, yet never appeared.
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  10. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I'd also would have loved to have seen Bill Cosby, Sammy Davis, Jr., Jerry Lewis, Bob Denver, and Alan Hale Jr., Andy Griffith, the cast of Sesame Street (including the humans), and Jack Burns guest star.
  11. Greengables95

Greengables95 Member

They would be great for the Muppet Show! I also wouldn't mind seeing a Star Trek episode of the Muppet Show.
    Mister Muppet and Mo Frackle like this.
  12. Greengables95

Greengables95 Member

I thought of another host. Who was that beautiful girl from the Go-Go's that went solo in the late eighties? Oh yes, Belinda Carlisle. Only problem is that they might do her show later or maybe even Muppets Tonight because many of her signature songs weren't made until '86 or '87.
  13. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Michael Strahan would be fun. I would also like Jon Stewart, Steven Colbert, Seth Green, Steven Tyler, Betty White, Simon Cowell, & dare I say, Howard Stern.
  14. Greengables95

Greengables95 Member

^ I would have loved to see Betty be in the original Muppet Show. Brett Somers might have been good, too. Her husband, Jack Klugman would have been great!
  15. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I also would have loved seeing Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon, and Peter Falk on TMS. And now my brain's telling me to go rewatch "The Great Race".
  16. MissMusical12

Wasn't Natalie Wood in the movie too? I think she would've been an excellent guest star on TMS.
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  17. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Um...I have to note that the majority of the people on that list weren't even famous in 1982...Seth Green was only 8...
  18. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

I went by "if there ever was ". Not by any year.
  19. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Ah, I see. I just thought this thread is supposed to be for if the Muppet Show didn't stop at season five and went one more...
  20. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

I guess it can be looked as that too. :)