1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

If there were a video game...

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by RedPiggy, Aug 14, 2008.

1. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Same here. But then again, I know what I like & TV's current devolution via more shows involving intense violence, graphic sexual situations, and whatever (along with shows that dumb down characters & make the viewing audience feel incompetant) simply isn't it.
  2. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Are you smarter than a 5th grader makes me cry..and most of the movie games are at that same level IMHO:o
  3. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And movies based on books are often in the same boat.
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I went with a couple trends, but on my terms. When Pogs came out, I got Animaniacs and The Tick ones. Only because I love those shows.
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Same. Then I lost them. XD
  6. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

The idea reminds me of Runescape slightly. I you aren't familiar with it it's an online fantasy game where you make an account and a character. You have to be a human though. But your FR idea could work as an online-only game maybe. Like runescape but fraggle-rock-style!
  7. SwordKing

SwordKing New Member

"Mokey has been kidnapped by Cave Fraggles. Are you a bad enough Fraggle to rescue Mokey?"
  8. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

It'd be kinda cool to have it like the Sims 2, where you could create your own customized fraggle to play in the game :)
  9. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

Hahaha lol
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I really could see that working in this context. I always pictured a Fraggle Rock game would have you go out and explore the vast caverns of Fraggle Rock. A game that you could get lost in for hours just exploring (something I usually don't like, oddly enough... but it would work perfectly here). A custom Fraggle going around, exploring all the different places in Fraggle Rock, searching for the other Fraggles? Pretty good idea for the subject matter. Not some generic Mario type game (like every licensed character in the 80's/90's), or an annoying Halo wanna be shoot'em up (like today). Something with genuine Fraggleness in there.
  11. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Kinda like those searching and shooting games, only in cave tunnels with no violence? I like it!
  12. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Lol. I am an avid Runescape (or RS for short) player, have been for 6 years, (and I'm only level 86 lol) and I can totally see the idea of a Fraggle MMORPG working. Make your own Fraggle, dress them, send them on radish collecting missons!:excited:
  13. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

And the sub-classes could be gathering fraggle (hunts for and cooks radish dishes that can be passed on, collected, or eaten for effects or health), storyteller fraggle (records others quests (or your own) and makes up stories that act like spells that effect the nature of the caves you go into (if you did something bad in your last quest the story spell could make the next cave more dangerous), minstrel fraggle (make up songs that act like spells that effect the monsters of the caves you go into, doing things like putting them to sleep, or turning their into giant bunnies at the higher levels), artist fraggle (draws pictures on cave walls that do things like heal your party, and also keep you from getting lost at higher levels, when they don't disappear until you leave the area), swimmer fraggle (who can hold their breathes for longer and use that power to unlock doors for everyone or find underwater rollies :3), and scrubber fraggle (who can clean everyone with soap bubbles, restoring their magic levels)...
    Most of all you would not lose everything on you if you died, the death system would be more like Warcraft, only always taking you back to your home cave weakened :)
  14. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

Cool! Plus don't forget trading. They could trade radishes fresh from the Gorg Garden, doozer sticks and other stuff.
  15. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

What about explorer fraggle?
  16. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, the explorer could be the one responsible for creating maps to begin with.
  17. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Oh, the explorer would be sort of a give in basic class, like warriors are in most games :excited:
  18. SwordKing

SwordKing New Member

Would there be any combat missions, or would this be a completely non-violent game?
  19. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I think the monster parts would be more like a survival horror game without the horror, where you would have to solve a puzzle :). And the caves would change, like the levels in .Hack (only more colorful and fun)..
  20. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Maybe something like Portal, where physics and platform/puzzle would have to intergrate to achieve radish retrieval.:coy: