1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

If they could sing now...

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by bandit, May 11, 2012.

1. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

This is kind of a silly thread, but I thought I'd share with you guys. I'm something of a music lover, myself. I love all kinds of music from all across the board and I do love to belt it out at random. Is it any wonder that I'd be a fan of a show like Fraggle Rock? Music is such an integral part of it.

Lately, there are times when I'm listening to a song and I think..."Wouldn't it funny to hear soandso sing this?" It got me to thinking about this. Maybe because Fraggle Rock is so fresh in mind now that I'm re-watching it all, it's kind of cool to listen to other kinds of music and think 'Okay! This is definitely a Mokey song."

I'm curious to hear your ideas. ^_^
    Just for kicks, here are just a few of the ones that came to me.

Mokey singing Tara's song 'Under your Spell' from the Buffy musical episode.

Marjorie singing "Don't Worry Be Happy." WAY too easy to picture!

Red singing Joan Jett's "You're a Nag!" Maybe the words don't fit, exactly, but it's certainly got a lot of energy.

Boober singing Radio Head's "Creep."...Which is kind of sad, actually. You don't really want to think of him singing something like that but...if one of them would, that's who comes to mind.

Guys? Chime in?
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  2. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

Well, I don't really know the names of the current singers and their songs, and personally I don't really want to, I know the names of the singers John Denver and Simon and Garfunkel. I think that it would be neat if Junior sang John Denver's "Garden Song". Having Gobo sing "Rocky Mountain High", also by John Denver, would be neat too.
    GopherCoffee, Vincent Liu and bandit like this.
  3. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Oh no no! They definitely don't have to be current songs. Anything goes! Keep your mind out of a box. ^_^ As for your choices...I could see that.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  4. vettech28

vettech28 Active Member

I can definitely see Gobo and Wembley singing Simon and Garfunkel songs together, like "The Sound of Silence" or "Homeward Bound". While we're on the subject of John Denver songs, I can picture Uncle Matt singing "Poems and Prayers and Promises" or Gobo singing "Looking for Space".
    Yorick and PanthraDion like this.
  5. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

How about Gobo and Wembley singing "Country Roads".
  6. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Admittedly, I was never a huge Simon and Garfunkel fan but they did have a few songs that I liked so I know the ones you are referring to. I definitely can see them singing "Homeward Bound!" They would sound great harmonizing in that one.
    Hahah! I can see that too. Definitely.
  7. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Ooo! How about THIS for any/all of them?

I've always loved this song. It's so bouncy. Catchy!
    GopherCoffee and Plaid Fraggle like this.
  8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

That's a lie, you showtune-hater! :)
    GopherCoffee and bandit like this.
  9. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

HAH! Only MOST show tunes. There are plenty I like.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  10. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

What? You say you dislike most, but then you like plenty? I'm confused. :confused:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  11. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

There are dozens of musicals and shows. I can name a handful of them that I really like. THAT'S plenty!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  12. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Not for me. A handful? You can't even put songs in your hand! :)
    GopherCoffee and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  13. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Hairsplitter!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  14. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Wembley -needs- to sing "Should I Stay or Should I Go?" Hahahaha
  15. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

That would be hilarious, but Red, Boober, Mokey, and Gobo would respond in English not in Spanish like a call and response song.
    bandit likes this.
  16. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Bwahahaha! Genius!
  17. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Jerry Nelson's voice has this nasal Willy Nelson'ish quality. For that reason, it's ridiculously easy to imagine Gobo jamming out to country music or country rock. *lol* Gobo's just a 'good ol boy' the original muppet redneck.
  18. muppetfan24/7

bandit said:​
    "Jerry Nelson's voice has this nasal Willy Nelson'ish quality. For that reason, it's ridiculously easy to imagine Gobo jamming out to country music or country rock. *lol* Gobo's just a 'good ol boy' the original muppet redneck."​

That's great, bandit! Good thinking, because when I listen to Gobo's songs again, they do have some country music or country rock. Thanks! In Red's voice: "That's Gobo for ya."​
  19. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Yeah! Even so, I'd love to hear him sing 'I'm a Wild One.' I can totally see it.
    I was listening to the Beatles a couple of days ago and when 'Yesterday' came on, I kept thinking how perfect that could be for any of the 5 given the right situation and if you took the romantic connotation out of it. Yeah! Perfect. Hahahaha
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  20. muppetfan24/7

Wfen I heard "I Knew I Was Good" from Muppet Central Radio Live 365 website, it does have a similar tune to "Real One (Wild Child). Hahahaha! That's genius, bandit! I used to hear that song, but Gobo singing would be absolutely funny.
    GopherCoffee and bandit like this.