If you could go back to your time in college, what would you change?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I can tell you that perfectly describes my first college Landmark. My second/one I graduated from (New England Tech) really prepares you for the real world.

The issue with the former is how politically correct it is - it gets to a point where enough is enough, even if it is a learning disabled college.

And on an unrelated subject, I find safe spaces stupid. Sure, it is good to have a spot where you can be alone with your thoughts for a while, but at the same time, it shouldn't be something to use to run away from your problems all the time, and that's something Landmark unfortunately suffers from. If you're being bullied, stand up for yourself. If you have mental health problems, seek some help. If you're stressed out, find something to keep your mind off it. Running away from your problems makes it worse.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
When I go to college I think I wanna go to an art's school. I love drawing, animation, film, and puppeteering. Even if I end up losing a lot of money, those are the fields i've always wanted to be in and that hasn't changed. Not to mention, it could be an amazing experience/ opportunity to be around other creative people like me.
I took a few night courses at the Joe Kubert Art School. (Dover, NJ)
If that's really your passion, go for it. Classes are very small, usually no more than ten students. Very one-on-one contact with the professor. This is for students especially geared for wanting to draw comics. One course (and the corresponding textbook) is called "How To Draw Comics the Marvel Way".

But if that is your dream, get ready to work hard. It's a three year course, but it really doesn't allow you much of a social life. You'll be spending a lot of late nights drawing. And drawing. And drawing.
Having a job is out of the question. They want you for three years, and for the next three years, this is your life. A good third of the students drop out, but if you're determined enough, when you graduate, you can pretty much write your own ticket.

It could help make a few of your dreams come true, but you're going to work like you can't believe.

The night courses were not quite as intense (but I still drew into the wee hours of the morning). The professors will still tell you your first few homework assignments look like garbage. So be ready. You need to have thick skin going in. If criticism hurts, you'll never be able to make a career out of drawing.
I don't want to discourage you from following your dreams, but just want to inject a little reality in there.