1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

If you were a Muppet Show Guest Star...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by jobi71, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Ignatz

Ignatz Member

I would probably do a number with Crazy Harry like Jean Stapleton did with 'I'm Just Wild About Harry'. Be the second news reporter in a Muppet News Flash every time the Newman would cut to me having a wild news story that caused the Newsman to get hurt in some way. Go on stage with Fozzie and be heckled by Statler and Waldorf. And do a cooking segment with the Swedish Chef.
  2. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

The running gag if I were a guest star would be getting Zoot to be in just about every scene after noticing that he's not always featured or has a few lines. Pigs in Space, Vets Hospital, Bear on Patrol, backstage scenes......Kermit gets upset with me since Zoot isn't supposed to appear in all those sketches. At the end of the show, Kermit thanks me for coming onto the show. The camera shows the orchestra pit from Kermit's and my point of view where Zoot also thanks me. Lips then asks for me to come back so he can get some exposure too. Kermit shakes his head, says good grief, then says his usual "we'll see you next time on The Muppet Show".
  3. Zoot the Saxer

Zoot the Saxer Active Member

Oooh, good question.

I'd probably want to appear with the Electric Mayhem alot, e.g. do some sort of bass thing with Floyd, a duet with Zoot, maybe some short sketch, you know. I would want to do some musical number with all of them, but unless Floyd was willing to share the bass spotlight, I wouldn't be able to do much. :\ But I am an actor ( :D ), so it would be awesome to appear on one of the sketches (Vet's Hospital being a personal favourite of mine). Possibly salsa-ing during At the Dance (erm, yes, that's the only dance I can do...), or raiding Pigs in Space like a certain JOHN CLEESE! :crazy:

:sigh: ...if only the show was still on the air!

P.S. ryhoyarbie, I love your idea! XDDD
  4. Zoot Fan 1981

Zoot Fan 1981 Active Member

I would want to sing a song with Electric Mayhem or Rowlf and do an At the dance sketch with Zoot :D:sing::flirt::halo::cool::sympathy:
    Janice+Floyd<3 likes this.
  5. Auberoun

Auberoun Member

I would want to do a skit with Reporter Kermit reporting on planet Koozbain about the social community of the Koozbanians, and with me being an "expert" on Koozbainians and their social structure. (Like Jane Goodall) I would then interact with the Koozbainians reciting different Koozbainian noises. "OOOOO-weep-weep-onga" And they reply, "akaka-weeeeee-oooo" And then Kermit says, "Astounding work doctor, what did you just say?" And as a very large Koozbainian comes from off camera charging Kermit and I from upstage, I turn to Kermit and say, "I think I just challenged the dominant male for supremacy!...RUN!" - end-
    LaRanaRene likes this.
  6. Mary Louise

Mary Louise Active Member

I’d want to do a number with Beauregard. We would dance around the stage, dusting, sweeping, and mopping—all the while singing “Whistle While You Work.” Since I can’t whistle, Beau would have to do that part of the song.
  7. Scooterforever

Scooterforever Active Member

I'd want to be Dr. Bunsen Honeydew's lab assistant, just to give Beaker a break, the poor fellow. Also, I'd do a segment with the Swedish Chef, but request that he tries Hibachi, because if I live through either of those experiences, I''d be so much more grateful for life.
    cjd874 likes this.
  8. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I would love to sing with the Electric Mayhem, but mostly I would like to do a duet with Floyd. He's the hip of the EM. :sing:
  9. Elisha

Elisha New Member

I'm a HUGE sap so I would really want to try and do something moving like when Danny Kaye sang "Inchworm" with all the Muppets.

I'm thinking I would want to do a song that started out softly with just Gonzo and I, then builds to where all the Muppets join in. Maybe Gonzo would be feeling like his voice isn't good enough to share or something and I could start singing "One Small Voice" from Sesame Street to him. Then the music swells and all the other Muppets enter and join in.

Singing is my passion and I love the Muppets, so that would be so amazing. I probably would be too choked up to do it, though lol
    LaRanaRene likes this.
  10. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

If I was a guest on TMS, I would play the piano with Rolf and I would also play songs from the various movies and have the Muppets sing to them.
    LaRanaRene likes this.
  11. Janice+Floyd<3

Janice+Floyd<3 Active Member

OMG my childhood dream haha! I would love to sing with the electric mayhem for sure! And become besties with janice and sing a duet with her! And do a scene/skit with Rowlf
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  12. Eziwolf

Eziwolf Member

I would love to sing and dance with Sweetums! That would be so epic. :grr:
  13. Janice+Floyd<3

Janice+Floyd<3 Active Member

If also want zoot to be crushing on me like a love suck puppy I wanna do the cup song with the electric mayhem,lips and rowlf it'd go something like this where I'm like practising the cup song backstage and janice approaches watching me
    Me:hey janice
    Janice:hi what are you doing
    Me:oh I'm just perfecting the cup song
    Janice:rully? How's it go?

Me:'I got my ticket for the long way run
    Two bottle of whiskey for the way
    And I sure would like some sweet company
    And I'm leaving tomorrow, what'dya say'

Me and Janice:When I'm gone (2x)
    You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

Me:You're gonna miss me by my hair
    You're gonna miss me everywhere, oh

*band appears and starts playing

Me:''I got my ticket for the long way run
    Two bottle of whiskey for the way
    And I sure would like some sweet company
    And I'm leaving tomorrow, what'dya say'
    When I'm gone (2x)
    You're gonna miss me by my hair
    You're gonna miss me by my hair
    *band stops playing*

Me:Take it Janice!

Janice:I got my ticket for the long way run
    The one with the prettiest of views (oh rully)
    It's got mountains
    It's got river's
    It's got sights to give you shivers
    But it sure would be prettier with you (fer sure)

Me and Janice:When I'm gone (2x)

You're gonna miss me by my walk
    You're gonna miss me by my talk, oh

*band starts again*
    Me:I got my ticket for the long way run
    The one with the prettiest of views
    It's got mountains
    It's got river's
    It's got sights to give you shivers
    But it sure would be prettier with you

Janice:When I'm gone (2x)
    Me:You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

Me and Janice:You're gonna miss me by my walk

Me:When I'm gone (2x)
    You're gonna miss me by my walk

*applause as I smile and hug janice and Floyd leans in and kisses my cheek as I hug him and I kiss rowlf on the nose and hug zoot as he ogles and nod at the rest of the band*
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  14. KissesToKermie

KissesToKermie Well-Known Member

Great thread idea! If I were a guest star☆ it would be me, Kermie, and a little piano love ballad...
    Janice+Floyd<3 likes this.