I'm going to be a puppeteer in Little Shop Of Horrors!

Jinx

Reaction score
Mine were overbuilt at right under 100 pounds, and I was able to shift focus rather easily. The only thing that hindered any of my movements was the counter/cash register in one production that prevented my being able to "look" too far stage right.

In my opinion, if the puppet can't look around it's not worth a thing. The ability to focus is critical to performing with other characters onstage.

ShiveringCactus

Reaction score
The pod 4 I used couldn't move easily at all. It was stuck against the back wall too - I was standing behind it, so I was pretty much just stuck there flapping the top of the head. The counterweights made the lipsync easy but overall it was almost impossible to give it any real life.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hey, Zack!

I finally got directions to this place. About two hours away. Not sure what night I'm going, but I'll be there! I've always wanted to see this.

How's the production going?

By the way, is this a community theater thing? I checked out the website... that place seems really nice.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hey scoot! Yes it is a community theater, I'll e-mail you a schedule of the shows, first one is Oct 24th. I can't wait!:smile:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Rehearsals are going well and they have been great! So much fun! We have less then three weeks till show time! The director let me barrow the Audrey 2 (pod 1) for the weekend and it's so cool! he built all the puppets himself and they are amazingly detailed! Hey Scoot, let me know if your still planing on coming! It would be cool!:smile:

I have always wanted to be in this show and it's a dream come true for me, the cast is great and very talented. I am going to be so sad when it's done, but so happy that i did it! Little Shop of Horror's has always been my favorite musical and this is really my first stage debut. So it's very special to me! They are going to have to pry me out of the plant on the last show. Well I'm sure I'll be happy to out of the plant after being in there so long too, but still i love it!:smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That sounds like great fun. It's always sad when a show is over like that--but, there's always the hope of the next show and building that performance resume! You'll be terrific, Z!

KaityDid

Reaction score
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that musical! we did it for our homecoming show last year! i was on a running crew for it (props to be exact). break a leg! being in the huge Audrey II has got to be horrible. i remember our Audrey II last year was horribly hot and sweaty. poor guy. i felt bad for him. but break legs! :smile:

Jinx

Reaction score
It is in fact a hot and sweaty role, but enormously gratifying!

The first time I did it I lost 15 pounds during the course of the run. Sadly, the second and third runs I did of it I didn't lose a single pound!

Do have fun with it and keep us posted!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I need to lose weight. Think I can get inside two of pod 4 at the same time and make it happen faster? :embarrassed: