I'm so MAD!

jediX

Reaction score
FIGURE UPDATE:

Today I set out to see what the scoop was on availability and my findings were kinda sad.

First stop: Media Play. Usually loaded with Muppet figures, there was nothing..absolutely NOTHING. They DID however have more than enough He-Man figures what will probably never sell....

Next was to Electronics Boutique. All I found here was a Muppet Labs set and (luckily for me) Scooter...both on clearance. I picked up Scooter for $7.41 (which was on a BOGO offer but they didnt have anything to get free :frown: ).

Sadly, it looks like these major stores are phasing out Muppets and figures altogether, bringing my search back to square one. :sympathy:

Anyway, off to bed so I can get up before noon to check a few more stores tomorrow.... :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

WiGgY

Reaction score
I don't think medai play is phasing the muppets oput. It's that they muppet are selling fast. At my local Suncoast, all but one of the vacation fozzies are gone. That's not bad considering they had at least 30 of them out when they got them in. I never even got to see series 2 because they sold out so fast. Now with series 4, it seems people are buying them. I already bought my set of 5 when they first came in (I got the jump on my local scalpers :big_grin:). So, it's not so much that stores are phasing them out, it's that these figure practically sell out within a few days.

About TRU and series 1 and 2, it seems that TRU ordered a whole lot of series 1 and 2 cases. They just keep reappearing out of no where. So because they ordered so many, sales figures don't show much of a profit. That may be why the new buyer decided not to buy anymore series. The good thing though is that any new collector has the chance to catch up on series 1 and 2. :big_grin:

ballington

Reaction score
I get all my Muppet figures at either Suncoast or Sam Goody. Suncoast is always the first place to get them is, Sam Goody is always the first to clearance a series the week after a new series arrives.

Ernie101

Reaction score
We could make a deal on that miss piggy....just so happens i have one mint condition in the box.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I think out of all you guys, I either have the worst luck, or close to it. My Toys "R" Us doesn't have anything left but a ton of Miss Piggys, some Kermits, and a couple Beaker w/ Muppet Labs sets. There's also a place I know of called Tower Records and last time I went (like, last week) had I think one Sam the Eagle as Mr. Samuel Arrow, some Links, and some Dr. Strangeporks. Fortunately I got Sam, and they also had the Mega Muppets. My EB Games has nothing but Miss Piggys (both of them, the original and the exclusive). Actually, I should probably get both of 'em sometime :smile: :embarrassed:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I have you all beat! I can't buy them around here! We have to go to Oklahoma city (which we only go a few times a year)

HAHA

wait...that's a bad thing *sigh*

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah it does, and you can call me Sarah, everyone else does. It's a tad more personal too!

rexcrk

Reaction score
lol, ok, I always just copy and paste users names into my message, to make sure I don't make any mistakes in spelling :wink: :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
great! I'm not the only one who does that!

for future reference, I don't think anyone here really cares if you use their first name

yes yes I know, topic, that a way