Improvements to Ignore List

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
It depends on how the person is, obviously the person doesnt want to make peace to begin with, sometimes you need to just except it. It also depends on how much patient you have aswell in trying to be friends with someone your not too fond of.
Nah, he doesn't want to make peace to begin with, and I certainly don't want to be friends with such.

furryredmonster

Reaction score
*sigh* Can you guys stop bringing this up and just ignore each other? It's not that hard to resist pressing the View this post button...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
It's not that hard to resist pressing the View this post button...
Actually, it is, this is why I was asking if it was possible to remove that feature in general, it's not my fault another argument is about to explode.

Beauregard

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Actually, it is, this is why I was asking if it was possible to remove that feature in general, it's not my fault another argument is about to explode.
Actually it is, Snowth. Much as I hate to say it - and I say it as a friend - but you were the person to bring it up again. I'm trying not to be harsh, but you really should have expected this thread to move in this direction when you started it...

"The only way to resist pressing a button is to not press it." - My word of wisdom for the day. The only way to cease a fight, is to stop talking. Now, if what you want is to win a fight. That's different. To win a fight you risk everything, including your friends, and just fight, fight, fight until everything is settled and the dust blows away and you discover you are on your own.

Again, I am really not trying to be harsh here. I'm just saying, the only way to stop a fight on a forum, is to stop.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Actually it is, Snowth. Much as I hate to say it - and I say it as a friend - but you were the person to bring it up again. I'm trying not to be harsh, but you really should have expected this thread to move in this direction when you started it...

"The only way to resist pressing a button is to not press it." - My word of wisdom for the day. The only way to cease a fight, is to stop talking. Now, if what you want is to win a fight. That's different. To win a fight you risk everything, including your friends, and just fight, fight, fight until everything is settled and the dust blows away and you discover you are on your own.

Again, I am really not trying to be harsh here. I'm just saying, the only way to stop a fight on a forum, is to stop.

(Sorry Snowth) But I completely agree with what your saying Beau. And you have to realise Snowth that once you put the person on the ignore list, just let it be, dont even look, because when you look, your gonna have something to say, and all heck will break loose, its easy to ignore it, all the person on your ignore list probablly wants to do is make a fool out of you, and if the person on the ignore list starts making a fight, and you (or somebody else) turn into the fool. No offense, but thats my opinion, so like Beau said, the only way to stop a fight on a forum is to stop and ignore the person. Maybe write your own thoughts on a paper pad (thats what ive been kinda doing lately instead of trying to start something nasty), that way you get your thoughts out but not hurting or offending others.

So just ignore the person, and forget he/she is ever on this forum. It's easy.

Luke

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
It's just an internet forum, chill out. If someone is bothering you so much you just can't resist looking at their posts, and to the extent that you are going to view their profile then i think maybe thats a sign that you might wanna take a break from the forum so you can realise it really isn't a big problem at all. Let people say what they want, if they say something deliberately offensive to you it might get on your nerves but it'll be them looking stupid to everyone.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it til people start doin it......LOVE EVERYBODY DANGNABIT!!!!

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it til people start doin it......LOVE EVERYBODY DANGNABIT!!!!

Daniel
Well you'll be saying it for a LONG time because obviously some people prefer to hate.

Teheheman

Reaction score
*rolls eyes* Just let it go. If you don't let it bother you, and let it go, none of it will matter. Live your life like you don't have a worry in the world because when you die, you don't want that on your shoulders. LOVE EVERYBODY. Just as easy as turning on a light switch. Love on_Hate off. Hate is a 4-letter word that should never ever turn up in a conversation. So quit drinkin that hater-ade(Everybody) and learn to drink the water from the fountain of love.

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.