Industry Giveaways

WiGgY

Reaction score
I don't understand the idea behind buying a line of figures just to sell them all. You can't possible make as much money by selling a complete set of muppet Toys as you can by buying stock or something. Also, these people are looking a gift horse in the mouth. You get to join the collector's and you get a free figure when you join. Then you get access to some of the coolest looking exclusives ever! Animal rules, Inviso Fozzie looked cool, The Chef will be awesome, Vaudville Statler and Waldorf are really cool looking too. And I think there's another one...oh yeah the Jim figure! You get a discount I believe. These are more than simple repaints. They are full repaints with detail and in some cases different accessories.

White Tux Rowlf looks cool but it's just some paint on a Rowlf with no accessories. If you can't handle not having that than you really need to start thinking about your life. If you're not enough without it then you'll never be enough with it. (Ilearned that from the movie "Cool Runnings" only John Candy was talking about a gold medal. :big_grin: movies teach so much)

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Ok, forgive me for being repetitive here, but Dr Teeth is NOT an Industry Giveaway, but was sold at Wizard World East, correct?

This will sound like corny logic to a lot of people, but here is why I ask. I have two of the industry giveaways right now: Invisible Beaker and Holiday Kermit, and the Dr Teeth variant if he is an industry giveaway. Im considering no longer trying to collect the industry giveaways because 1) Im not in the industry 2) I dont want to be part of the group that makes Palisades feel like they need to give industry giveaways to fans and 3) Because it will get expensive to keep buying industry giveaways. If Dr Teeth is an industry giveaway, then Im going to keep collecting them, because I've got too much of an all or nothing mentallity. If he is not, then I will relenquish ownership of my Invisible Beaker and Holiday Kermit and no longer worry about Industry Giveaways. But before I go doing that, I just want to be 110% sure of whether the Dr Teeth variant is an Industry Giveaway, or if he was sold to any attendee of the Wizard World con. An idiot proof answer (for my sake) would be very much appreciated :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It was stated a few posts back that my listing Teeth and an industry exclusive was incorrect. The industry figures are not really part of the line anyway and are not "choice" but if people want to pay $200 for a Kermit with a red tie - go for it. LOL!:wink:

WiGgY

Reaction score
It isn't not a non-industry give away. :big_grin:

In other words it was NOT given away. It was a convention exclusive that was paid for. 500 or so were made and because the CC didn't exist at the time, it was not offered through it.

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
It isn't not a non-industry give away. :big_grin:

In other words it was NOT given away. It was a convention exclusive that was paid for. 500 or so were made and because the CC didn't exist at the time, it was not offered through it.
lol :wink: If that first line would have been the only reply I got, I would have been going out of my gord...

Thanks though!

Glad to know I'll be keeping my Dr Teeth without the pressures of collecting Industry Giveaways

Walterfego

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
If you can't handle not having that than you really need to start thinking about your life. If you're not enough without it then you'll never be enough with it.
So are you telling me that the White Tux Rowlf isn't going to be that driving force that allows me to keep living this sham of a life? Are you saying it won't complete me?! :rolleyes: