Inside the Blinking Eye

Phantom

Reaction score
PP, you sadistic beast....just kidding... very informative and appreciated.

Reaction score
Hey, I have one of those puppets, and you don't have to take it appart, I just looked inside the hole for your hand, and figured it out, But since it was for the sake of puppet builders, i guess its ok. The poor puppet. :cry: :halo:

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Well, I have two of these Animal puppets. Hmmm, let me correct that... I HAD two *laughing* and if there was anyway to provide my building friends with the same quality information on blinking eye puppets, then I would have.... but you can't see enough of the inside mechanism from the hole in the back to get a good working perspecitve of it's features and structure.

Besides, Animal was a lot worse looking in person than he was in the photos provided for the auction I bid on. So, I made good out of an otherwise disappointing purchase. :wink:

gfarkwort

Reaction score
Thanks for the links. I just complited a "test" Puppet that blinks thanks to your site.....It's Awesome

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
What did you search for on ebay when you were looking for this Animal puppet? Were there any others made besides Animal and what company made them?

gfarkwort

Reaction score
I know the answers..........Fischer Price made them.......there were NOT any other characters made.......and you can find them in Puppet, Muppet, Henson, and Animal on ebay.

Iokitek

Reaction score
So...

...How do you control the eyes seperately then? I know you can't with this one but how would you be able to do that? And how do you also make the lower eyelids move up so the upper and lower eyelids meet in the middle?

Hope you all understand what I mean.

I'm wrecking my brain over this actually. Not to mention the ears folding like animals have. I know I need to make some sort of skeleton inside the head. But I just don't want it to come down to using animatronics because I don't know anything about electronics.

Maybe I also want to do too much. I can already envision myself crawling after my puppet in a green room with a green suit and green make-up on. :wink:

afarq

Reaction score
Blinking eyes

Thanks so much for posting those pics. I have been wondering for some time how to go about getting the eyes to move. In answer to the previous post, if you explore the website further, you'll find some diagrams and pictures of blinking eyes where, if I recall correctly, the bottom lids rise to meet the top ones. (I may be wrong). :confused: But again, very helpful, thanks alot!