1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Inside the Blinking Eye

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Puppetplanet, May 7, 2004.

1. Iokitek

Iokitek New Member

Good of you to mention

I almost overlooked the rest of the page. :o Thanks for the tip! These examples are what I was looking for more or less. They help alot.
  2. thatonekid

thatonekid New Member

you know, i've always wondered how they did that.
    but here's my question: how the hewey did they make that?!
    i mean the more i look at that pick the more it looks like they had it factory made,
    do they have a factory for the muppets?
    do they use parts of something else to make the blinkers?

oh well maybe i just think too much :rolleyes:
  3. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

that wasnt a HENSON made puppet, it was made for retail sale during the hey day of the muppet show by fisher -price, a great toy, and a great example for beginers, the eye mechs on the muppets that are used on tv and film can be much more complicated .
  4. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

I've often wondered if the Muppet Workshop was consulted on the design of those - they are some of the best mass-produced "toy" puppets ever made. Considering what most "toys" of that era were like it would be surprising to me if the manufacturer (Fisher Price?) came up with it completely on their own.
  5. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

im not sure, i do know that back then many toys were prototyped by henson staffers, but not sure about the mechs,

interesting side note, the fleece used on the kermit toys by fisher-price is the same that is used on the kermit puppets that were built back then and is still used to this day, it was part of the deal made with fisher-price, , jim got a large amount of the production fleece used on the toys, they have many rolls of that material in storage for use only on kermit., its the only puppet at muppets that i know of built using a pre-dyed fleece, its a stronger material and not as floppy as the current fleece being used

up until that deal was made you might notice some slight differences in color and texture on the kermit puppets:)
  6. Iokitek

Iokitek New Member

heh that's crazy

how do you know all that stuff? I'm always amazed at what kind of small details people know. Well that was an interresting story though.

About the eye mechs. I think the parts were factory made yes. You'd have to study the mechanics and think of your own way to make such a thing. Or rip one of those dolls apart and use those mechs on your puppet. But I personally think that's a waste ofcourse.
  7. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

how do you know all that stuff? I'm always amazed at what kind of small details people know. Well that was an interresting story though.

i used to work there
  8. Iokitek

Iokitek New Member

ah :) that explains it
  9. Karrion

Karrion New Member

Link seems to be dead. Temp problem?
  10. Puppetplanet

Puppetplanet Member

Yeah, it's a temporary problem. I hired someone to update my site, tranfered hosts, and currently the whole site is down because my new hosts were supposed to take over my domain name too.... but they dropped the ball there too. Needless to say, I'm not too impressed with my new web hosting company right now.

The blinking eye page, resource page, and some other pages have not been added yet... and my gallery is still empty. I've kinda been busy building puppets. ;)
  11. Karrion

Karrion New Member

Cool. I have my own ideas how to do it but I like to see how other people tackle the same problem.