International skits on Youtube...

Erine81981

Reaction score
I forgot to press the quote button when I just posted the below message. I think that will put it into a better context for you.

Hi Ernie81981,

I've been learning Dutch on my own for the last four years. I learned French in school, so I speak it almost fluently

Anyway, the Dutch word "gaan" means "to go" in English. The word for again is "nog."
Thanks! I've been wanting to know not for a while because i forgot about it but thanks for telling me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Gali Gali Sim Sim opening with Subtitles

I guess they're only showing stuff they already had on that Putamayo Kids DVD... I would really like to see other international clips posted by SW themselves.

Anyway, someone already posted the pollution song from Takalani Sesame, but their YouTube channel also posted two skits from Plaza Sesamo on washing your hands (They made it because of the swine flu):
They seem more like PSA's then skits, and Flu or no flu, hand washing and hygiene is important.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Really awesome seeing SS.org put up international clips and subtitling them for our convenience! I sure hope they do more of this later on! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wonder if they don't have any that aren't on the Putamayo Kids CD/DVD.... here's Ricas Fruitas from Plaza Sesamo.

BeckyDR

Reaction score
The Hebrew "Jazz Number" clips at least used a performer with a decent singing voice and sense of rhythm; even when the counting didn't scan, the mismatches didn't sound as awkward.)
haha I love those, if only because of how she sings the target number; for example, for 8 she's like shmoOooOoOOoOOoOoOooneeeeeeeee and for 4 she's like aaaaaaarbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarbaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Drtooth

Reaction score
haha I love those, if only because of how she sings the target number; for example, for 8 she's like shmoOooOoOOoOOoOoOooneeeeeeeee and for 4 she's like aaaaaaarbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarbaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I really think the dubber of that one kept the spirit of the skit, and made it sound even more like an airplane sound than even the English one did.

There's a real difference between dubbing a skit and just reading translations over it. And Pinball was pretty much the latter. No wonder it scarred me for so long. That's off key singing only Oscar could love.