1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

International skits on Youtube...

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by Drtooth, Jul 14, 2007.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I'll post the last two parts of that Shalom Sesame episode for ya, Bob.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

You planning to do any others? These things have to be out of print. Other than the Chanukah episode that I usually find in Barnes and Nobel, I never even seen the DVD versions. Guess they only sold them online and at Jewish Book Stores.

Now, Rewatching this one, I remember what bugged me about them. They're inconsistent with which part of the song/sketch they cut to the dub of. And in higher quality audio, you can tell when the dub portion's about to start, since the music gets slightly clearer and louder during the dub portion. Telephone Rock, except for a couple verse here and there only dubs the "Telephone Rock" part with "Telephon Roak." Counting songs make more sense, like the 20 Pickle Pie song. I almost wonder why they even bother having the English portion.
  3. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I have almost all of them saved on my computer except Journey to Secret Places (it freezes up my DVD ripping software both times I tried it) and the final disc (it was cracked and won't play on my laptop). So I will upload others by request. It's just that the videos take forever to upload on YouTube. I'm going to upload the Chanukah one for said holiday, but I can try to get another one on YouTube tonight.
  4. BobThePizzaBoy

Sorry to double post, but I just added another:

5. Drtooth

On that subject, I found this obscure bit from the same region
  6. FrackleFan2012

I posted up the Shalom Sesame episode, "The People of Israel" incase you were slow, Bob.

7. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

What's your YouTube screenname--same as the one you use here? I wanted to take a look but couldn't find your channel.
  8. Drtooth

His channel is located here.
  9. Drtooth

You know, seeing these I seem to remember that the US broadcast TV versions used to have cold openings with Itzak Perlman and Big Bird discussing the subject matter of the episode. I guess the video versions of these didn't have them for some reason, like the Kermit and Oscar telethon interstitial from PBS in Put Down the Duckie.
  10. BobThePizzaBoy

Those are on the DVDs, there were two of them: One with Big Bird and one with Oscar. They are both listed as "alternate opens" separate from the actual videos. No clue why they aren't attached to the program.
  11. Drtooth

My weird memory somehow recalls one of those having footage of different foreign Sesame Street co-productions. I swear there was one where Big Bird and Ithzak were building a wall too.

Now I'm wishing I kept that video tape.
  12. BobThePizzaBoy

That was the aforementioned Big Bird one, I guess I know what to put on YouTube tonight.
  13. FrackleFan2012

Here's the Jerusalem episode of Shalom Sesame.

14. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

The best part - 3:06

15. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Active Member

I just skipped over to the 3:06 part, and I don't know what was even more funnier! The way Bert (or Beto, whatever the case is) perked up, the way he screamed, or his face/reaction in general?
  16. FrackleFan2012

I found Thai-language dubs of Learning About Letters, Learning About Numbers, Learning to Add & Subtract, and Getting Ready to Read.

17. FrackleFan2012

Here are two full episode of 5 Rue Sesame, the French version of Sesame Street.

18. FrackleFan2012

Here's a full episode of Eine Möhre für Zwei (A Carrot for Two) in which it explains death to the viewers of Finchen's 102-year-old grandfather (like Mr. Hooper's death).
  19. FrackleFan2012

Hey, BobthePizzaBoy. Do you want to post up the Land of Israel and Tel Aviv videos to the forum, now that they're on Youtube?
    I did a triple post, if that's alright with you.
  20. Drtooth

On that subject, I really wish someone saved all the Hebrew dubbed Sesame Street sketches that used to be on YT. Nirbas's stuff especially, since he was banned for Moomin clips or something.