Internet Doomsday...what?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Wow. Not sure what to say about that excpet "wow". This is the first time I've heard of this, as well. You'd think something like this would get more attention.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
My computer's okay. Phew. But I don't understand why people would want to do something like this. Maybe I'm naive, but it's mean.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Did you go to that site thats supposed to scan for it? I haven't seen any strange alerts from google for facebook. And what I don't get is if the trojan affects your computer or your router, and how you even get it...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I went to the site that the article linked, and it said I was clear, plus I haven't seen any notifications from Facebook or Google recently. Thank goodness, because I looked at the manual way to change the settings and my eyes glazed over.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Lol, yeah, I got green, too. And that article about the settings....I'm fairly good with the inner workings of software, but I'm no techy and that just made my brain hurt trying to understand it :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I heard about this some time ago, but I'm not too worried, I don't think much is going to come out of this... like that whole Cornficker scare a couple of years ago or so, nothing happened.

Besides, I can easily live without Google, Facebook, and Twitter. :stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Um...it says that they shut off your internet completely.

But yeah, if this is the first time I'm hearing about this, and I wouldn't have heard about it if someone didn't post it on deviantart, it must not be that big of a deal. My first thought was that it was a hoax, but its from nbc, not some unknown news source :/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know, I was just pointing out how they made it a point to mention, "This means no Google, no Facebook, no Twitter". :stick_out_tongue:

But yeah, if I see that on July 9 I can't access the internet, then yeah, I'll be screwed, but again, this is like back in 2009 or so when this whole Cornficker or Conficker or whatever it was called was supposed to do the same thing to computers all over the world... come to think of it, I think a few years before that, a similar scare went around and nothing happened... I guess this is just something that we have to deal with every once in a while, like a comet or something.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
If ANYTHING, the people who have to worry about this are the people who download A LOT of illegal stuff.