Is anyone in here related to any famous people

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Cool! I just love Marty Stuart's recordin' of that---great song! :smile:
ok bryon i will now officially not make fun of you!

Sarah

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
Jim Bowie?

William B. Travis?

General Santa Anna?

When I lived in Austin we went to the Alamo for a field trip (it was like my 4th grade Texas History class). I remember the Alamo...

:big_grin:
i hope it wasn't santa anna......the history books aren't to fond of him!

ryan

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i wish i knew who i was related to in that war...dang it

ryan

jeremyactor

Reaction score
My grandfather was best friends with Les Paul, inventor of the Electric Guitar and singing sensation.

Sadly, no Wilcox family members have made it into the history books. Yet. I have an Uncle David, but not the one you're thinking of.

My friends have some famous relatives. One of my best friend's aunts is Debb from Survivor: The Outback. And another friend's cousin is cousins with Winona Ryder. Not exactly related, but still something.

Jeremy

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by ryhoyarbie
i wish i knew who i was related to in that war...dang it

ryan
with my guess it would be on the losing side...

sorry had to...

Sarah

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
The importance deserved famousness of "Mad" Anthony Wayne

I got these snippets from a site that came up in a Google search (oh, and it was the Revolutionary War, not the Civil War---sorry Alex and Warrick!! LOL!! :stick_out_tongue: ):

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"If CNN had been around in the 1790s it probably would have assigned "hot spot" reporter Wolf Blitzer to the Northwest Territory, the area that includes present-day Fort Wayne.

And, without a doubt, Gen. Anthony Wayne was the Gen. Schwartzkopf of the day.

Had he not died in 1796 at the age of 51 he might easily have given John Adams or Thomas Jefferson stiff competition in their runs for the presidency in 1796 and 1800."

"Had it not been for Anthony Wayne's victories in Ohio in 1793 and 1794 and the founding of Fort Wayne in October 1794, the western border of the country might never have made it even to the Mississippi River."

"Wayne's most brilliant exploit of the Revolutionary War was the storming of the British fort July 16, 1779, at Stony Point, N.Y. His forces took the strongest British post on the Hudson River with a surprise night attack."

"On Aug. 20, 1794, Wayne's army attacked the Indians at Fallen Timbers, just south of Toledo. The battle lasted less than an hour. Fleeing Indians raced toward Fort Miami, where the British had promised protection. They were turned away because the British did not want to risk war with the United States.

Wayne moved south and built a new fort near the three rivers. Fort Wayne was officially dedicated Oct. 22, 1794. Peace with the Indian tribes was achieved with the Treaty of Greenville on Aug. 3, 1795.

Wayne's victory at Fallen Timbers ended for all time the power of the British on American soil. A third American defeat might have led to ceding the area to Great Britain or invasion by Spain or France.

Failure also would have threatened the power of the new government, diminished because of its inability to protect its citizens.

So Wayne's victory in the Northwest campaign had far-reaching implications.

He returned to a hero's welcome in Philadelphia."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And there was more stuff, but that's the meat of it. :smile:

Oh, and he was buried somewhere, but his son wanted him buried at home, so they dug him up, boiled the flesh off of his body, "Junior" took the skeleton home to be buried, and the flesh was reburied where it originally was. So he's one of few people to actually have two graves. :smile:

Oh yes, and to end on a Muppety note:

"The new Col. Wayne's regiment of volunteers first served in the disastrous campaign against Quebec. During the retreat, Wayne found himself in command after St. Clair stubbed his toe on a tree root."

LOL!!

:big_grin:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
*pretends to read that*

that was interesting bryon....

Sarah

did that work? ....................no? awwww

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Re: The importance deserved famousness of "Mad" Anthony Wayne

Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
I got these snippets from a site that came up in a Google search (oh, and it was the Revolutionary War, not the Civil War---sorry Alex and Warrick!! LOL!! :stick_out_tongue: ):
See? I wasn't just making this stuff up...

I actually stayed awake in History class (besides, I love history)

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Re: Re: The importance deserved famousness of "Mad" Anthony Wayne

Originally posted by EmmyMik
See? I wasn't just making this stuff up...
Yes, I see. :smile: I learned some'in' from Emmy! :big_grin:

I actually stayed awake in History class (besides, I love history)
I did also, and I too love history---especially now that I have a choice whether or not to get into it! :wink: