Is anyone interested in a great books thread?

Jennifer12

Reaction score
I just read Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons" and I loved it! It was a great adventure with several interesting twists and the author obviously spent a great deal of time doing his research.

The plot is about an attempt to blow up the Vatican. The story features the same character as the bestseller "The DaVinci Code" by the same author. I haven't read "The Da Vinci Code," but I certainly plan to now.

Anyway, I just thought I'd mention it since there seem to be several "readers" in the forum!

Also, I'm always looking for something new to read, so if anyone has suggestions....

Jennifer

SaraJayne

Reaction score
I heard that Dan Browns books are really interesting. Right now I'm working on "The Count of Monte Cristo"....almost finished.

Beauregard

Reaction score
So, has anyone read Jerry Jenkins "Left Behind" series? A exciting thrilling tale about the last days of Earth? There is twelve in the series and the last is coming out in March, can't wait!

So, has anyone else read these?

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
Jennifer12 said:
The story features the same character as the bestseller "The DaVinci Code" by the same author. I haven't read "The Da Vinci Code," but I certainly plan to now.

I read the DaVinci Code- I thought it was really interesting, but a few things about the book bothered me :smirk:
My book recomendations are:
"Gone With the Wind" I read it for the first time last year and fell in love with it, I'm not such a fan of the movie but the book was fabulous!
"The Nanny Diaries" For anyone who has ever babysat/nannied for one of the "high matience" families, this book made me laugh SO hard! :zany:

camilla

Reaction score
Book discussuions are fne with me. I hve just finished Wide Sargosso Sea by Jean Rhys which tells the story of the mad first wifre from Jane Eyre

Beauregard

Reaction score
I read the sequel to Treasure Island the other day.

I think 'interesting...' would cover it.

camilla

Reaction score
Was it good or terrblre I am actuially just writing a review of Wild Sargasso Sea nd wanted to broach the subject of sequels by other authors!

Beauregard

Reaction score
It was, well, not as good as the first. It was 'interesting' to see what happeend to Jim next, but not very good. I didn't like the author. His sentances were too short, he didn't have good characterisation, and he didn't bring back Cap'in Smolett. So, personally, I didn't like it very much.

Jennifer12

Reaction score
mupvisiongirl said:
I"The Nanny Diaries" For anyone who has ever babysat/nannied for one of the "high matience" families, this book made me laugh SO hard! :zany:
I read "The Nanny Diaries" and I have to say I didn't like it very much. It was just too sad. I used to be a pre-school teacher, so I could relate to a certain point, but I kinda wanted to just shake those characters and tell them to get a grip! Maybe that was the intention....

A similar book is "Diary of an American Au Pair." I just started it, and so far its rather dull. Does anyone know if it gets better?

Jennifer