1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Is Boober a nudist? :-)

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Jeffrey Gray, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Gobo_Tron2

Gobo_Tron2 Member

Ok, I've said this before and looks like I need to say it again... you're assuming that Fraggle anatomy is even remotely similar to that of humans (aside from the obvious visible traits, such as they eat food with their mouths).

Personally I always thought the fact that they don't wear a lot of clothes supported this idea. And yeah, some don't wear clothes, but think about this... of the ones that do wear clothes, how many of them wear pants. Nobody has ever shown concern about covering their lower extremities.
    The only Fraggle I think of who does is Sidebottom and he seems to do it mainly as a "be different" fashion statement. Quite fitting though, that as Boober's opposite personality, Sidebottom DOES wear normal clothing.
    I can certainly remember my eyes widening from a degree of shock during that umm.. touching moment. If it was any sort of 'flashing' as far as Fraggles go, I doubt Mokey did it intentionally. Mokey has always had that maternal instinct when someone was in need, but it seemed to increase ten-fold where Begooney was concerned. Begooney was very good at getting his own way exactly the way he wanted it, and the way she ran back to him everytime was just magic-induced mind-control. Therefore, there's a good chance that most of what Mokey did in that episode was not by her own will.

I'm going to stop there instead of spelling out the potential events that could be implied in that scenario.

Was she wearing some kind of undergarment in that one? I couldn't remember offhand, but if that's the case... it was VERY good move on Henson's part.

And just WHAT'S wrong with thinking about Fraggles in that way? :halo:
  2. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

LOL. :) :D
  3. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

thats why e is nude because he is a germaphobe and needs to always wash his clothes
  4. luvtosr

luvtosr New Member

You know, Boober doesn't just wear his hat and scarf, he wears socks too. you never see him wearing them but he does mention it in 'Mokey and the Minstrels'. He says something along the lines of:

"I heard a skwud once, it turned out I had just stepped in a puddle...The skwud I heard was wet socks."

Plus if you read the books there's the odd picture of him wearing socks.

He also has his night clothes.
    RedFraggleRocks likes this.
  5. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

hmm,
    never thought of it but i guess there just all little nudisits ;)
  6. Effralyo

Effralyo Active Member

With SUCH thick fur???????????
    Shame on ya. That`s all.
    And Convincing John wears a ful suit just because he`s all a walking riddle. (In a lovin`way.) I wasted two months to guess his fur color.
  7. HPDJ

HPDJ Member

I hope not!
  8. Emosewa

Emosewa New Member

Now now, all of you. The fraggles are nudists the same way as a cat or dog. Maybe they don't wear clothes except to be decorative, but they don't need it with all that fur. I'm surprised you're questioning them when Kermit doesn't even have fur! ^_^
  9. EleganceLiberty

EleganceLiberty New Member

.... Wow.

And I thought *I* was overanalyitical when it came to me and the birthdays and blood types of the F-Zero AX pilots! XD;;;
  10. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

...um... was that... english?...
  11. Effralyo

Effralyo Active Member

Emo - clap, clap, clap!
  12. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Yes. Boober is a nudist, hence the nudity. :smirk:

Nick
  13. EleganceLiberty

EleganceLiberty New Member

'Nother fandom of mine. ;)

You're lucky I'm in a good mood, 'cause that's all I'm saying. XD

(ick, hate the emoticons here...)
  14. zeldazipple

zeldazipple New Member

I always thought the Doozers looked obcene in a way. I mean they almost posses human features. In the muppet version of FR they always wore helmest and construstion gear but in the animated version they seem to wear a lot less, anyone notice this?
  15. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

Sometimes the Doozers don't wear anything in the original Muppet series. When Cotterpin and Wrench made their first appearances, they didn't wear a thing for they haven't received their construction titles yet.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. Xela

Xela New Member

Wow, this is a strange topic! Lol.

But many of the points brought up in this topic can make you think...lol.
  17. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

If people were covered with fur, would they wear clothes? No Robin Williams or Sean Connery jokes please.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  18. Effralyo

Effralyo Active Member

No, if it would be enough nice-looking fur. As for fraggles - it matches to clothes, so looks suitable. As for C. John, he still amazes me: full suit plus undies... "Wrapped up" almost from top till toes but furry, and does so many acro tricks... isn`t it TOO heat?
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  19. LOL flashing....
  20. that'd be funny if all the socks he washes are just his and he wears them out of sight all the time!
    :sigh: