1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Is Cookie Monster no more?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by LadyVader, May 24, 2006.

1. LadyVader

LadyVader New Member

I was at my work a few days ago and i saw a little boy with a Cookie Monster doll and i ask the boy do you like cookie monster and his mother snapped at me and said it not cookie monster it's Veg. monster I looked at her and said WHAT! since I was a kid till now it's all ways been cookie Monster. I could not believe what i was hearing is it true?
  2. superfan

superfan Active Member

Nothing to worry about. The mother was probably just trying to represent Cookie as a healthy eater to her son so he'd eat more veggies.
    Still though, she could've responded more politely.
    Cookie Monster is alive and well.
  3. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Phew, that was a close one.
  4. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

So Mom's are nuts
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Wow...I can think of something worse though. I worked at a summer camp and heard a kid call the show "Elmo's World" as opposed to "Sesame Street."
  6. superfan

superfan Active Member

oh...that hurts...:p
  7. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

I had a Muppet obsessed after school counselor who said they were changing him to Vegetable monster too. Odd. But clearly they never went through with it. Though, I did read in a Sesame Street magazine (Um, that just happened to fall open) that Cookie Monster was now making healthier choices, and they showed him eating a carrot and some broccoli.
  8. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

Maybe theyshould make Cookie Monster have a cousin named Vegetable Monster who looks exactly like Cookie, except he's green. Or like how Grover has an alterego as Super Grover, maybe Vegetable Monster could be Cookies. Whenever Cookie eatrs broccoli he turns into: da da DAH! Vegetable Monster! The monster who helps kids make healthy food deciscions and eats all things green and good for you!
  9. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

Cookie monster loves Sushi and Tofu
  10. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

From what I can tall, Cookie Monster eats anything and everything, edible or not.
  11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I could be totally wrong, but I can't see children liking something called "Vegetable Monster." That sounds like wishful thinking.
  12. doctort13

doctort13 Member

Why not just bring back Captain Vegetable?

He's not a weirdo.
  13. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

Nor does he look like a bad dream.

That's a really good idea doctort13. I think the older kids who watch Sesame Street would see the obvious ploy if they made a main character suddenly change to be vegetable-obsessed, but if they choose a B character like him, it would be perfect.
  14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah, there is just some kind of magnetic field that draws kids away from something called a vegetable monster. I know this was true for me when I was a child.:p

I loved captain vegetable by the way.
  15. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

That would be a little hypocritical on Cookie's part, don't you think?
  16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Besides... It's already been done. Cookie Monster had a younger female cousin named Cousin Monster who had lighter blue fur and only ate vegetables instead of cookies.
    If anything, they should bring her back and let all this stupid media-generated hype of changing Cookie Monster into a vegeterian die in the winds of their own idiocy.
  17. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I love Cousin Monster, she was so adorable.
  18. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I didn't ever know about Cousin Monster. Does the Wiki Muppets website have her picture. I would love to see what she looks like.
  19. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I don't know, but I believe the Sesame Street online dictionary of characters has her.
  20. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Wow... Veggie Monster, Elmo's World... we need to stand as a group someday and let these people know they're destroying not only their careers, but the Henson name itself. Jim would be ticked if he saw the stuff goin on today. Even Oscar wouldn't allow this stuff in his trash can.