Is It Possible To Date/Marry A Non Muppet Fan?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even one kid in 5th grade who claimed to hate Muppet Babies quickly started singing the theme song to himself, lol.
Well, apparently it's okay to sing theme songs and whatnot, just not okay to actually watch the shows or anything...

Similarly, this really obnoxious kid I went to school with in Grade 6 would CONSTANTLY sing, "This is the Song that Never Ends" from Lamb Chop on the bus home every single day for the longest time... but then again, that particular kid was... well, I can't really say he wasn't right in the head... he just had like a SEVERE case of ADHD or something.

robodog

Reaction score
I grew up in Greenville Mississippi which, granted, wasn't the best place to grow up, but most of my inner circle appreciated quirky, funny things like the Muppets. For the most part I didn't get along with people who didn't like that kind of stuff. I was too wierd for those types. I took a lot of abuse for it too. Top it off with having a father that would make the Dursleys from Harry Potter seem pro imagination and my whole childhood was a mess. That's probably why I refuse to have anything to do with people who can't appreciate things like toys, cartoons and the Muppets to this day. In my experience those types tend to be cruel and intolerant. I gave up being able to get along with those types long ago.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
was thinking about it i guess if i were to honestly answer this question, i can't. mostly because in my mind i can't put myself in the situation of whether or not i have to decide this...there would be other things id have to consider first like if she is a good person or what the future could hold...the muppets really not being part of the equation...i dont know but thats just me ive been on my fare share of dates and have thought of all those aspects

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think one aspect I would be concerned about is whether or not any future spouse of mine would be willing to work with me... after all, puppetry is a part of show business, and show business is not a business that really allows for a lot of family time, like how many times have we heard those stories, "Well, being on this show put a strain on my family life", or "Doing this movie made me miss out on my kids' stuff", etc? BUT, at the same time, I know that there have been some successful like husband-wife teams out there, so I'm wondering would a wife of mine be open to trying something like that in some aspect, if not as a puppeteer, but maybe a writer, or behind-the-scenes? Something, that way, there wouldn't be any, "Oh, you never have time for me" knid of thing, because we'd always be together, both professionally, and personally.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
that's a very good point and also someone who supports what you do that doesnt just do it because they think youll eventually drop it...

as i mentioned my last relationship my GF wanted me to after a certain amount of years stop my puppet work and go do farm work with her and some random people she knew who are all about the extreme organic and the farm had to be zombie fortified

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Right. I mean, that's a big part of it as well... I wouldn't expect a woman to change her whole way of life for me, likewise, I don't want to have to change my whole way of life (puppetry), so it would be important to and for me that puppetry is something she can respect, and respect that it's something I do.

So, I think you're doing alright Julio, she obviously didn't respect what you did enough to let you go on with it, let alone, it didn't sound like she really respected you either. Her loss.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
she had some screws loose i wont go into detail but im glad im out of that situation

beaker

Reaction score
It's odd...in recent months I've met two pretty cute and intelligent girls while being randomly out and about who say they are hardcore Muppet/JH fans. One saying they want to try and go to the red carpet premiere of the Muppets film. )Neither are interested in me nor seemed to impressed Ive been a diehard Muppet fan all my life) but it's kind of cool knowing that they are out there.

If some are not willing to marry someone who doesn't somewhat share religious views, I don't see anything wrong with not wanting to be with someone who isn't somewhat of a Muppet fan. I guess it's just more personal to me than simply someone who doesnt like star wars or seinfeld or whatever.

beaker

Reaction score
that's a very good point and also someone who supports what you do that doesnt just do it because they think youll eventually drop it...

as i mentioned my last relationship my GF wanted me to after a certain amount of years stop my puppet work and go do farm work with her and some random people she knew who are all about the extreme organic and the farm had to be zombie fortified
Dang! I like eclectic alternative girls, but that's a little too much. Never ever a good sign if someone doesn't want you to pursue goals