Is it time for a good Muppets video game?

Puckrox

Reaction score
I would love a game where we can play as the Muppets and, I dunno, save the theatre? I love more interactive games where you can play in the world of the characters.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Most Muppet video games have been dreadful. I did like Muppet Pinball Mayhem(GBA 2002), Muppets Inside CD Rom(PC, 1996) and a few of the levels on Muppet Mania Racing(PS1 1999) But other than that, to me they've been dreadful
I keep forgetting about Muppets Inside being a video game, mainly because it was a CD-ROM. I rarely consider computer games "video games" if they weren't also released on a console.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Personally, I'd like to see an RPG-type game (or action-adventure). Sketches themselves would be mini-games unlocked by finding the various parts needed for the sketch. And while it'd be unlikely for crossovers, I'd like to see some Easter Eggs for hardcore fans, such as holes in the wall that no one seems to know how they got there or Jareth's amulet in a dressing room or something. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Im shocked there hasnt been ANY Muppet game for the ds...I mean they put the most obscure/aint noone is going to buy it licencing titles on the ds
I saw a Pillow Pets game. No fooling... Pillow pets. No wonder that guy got angry and left Capcom. These bad American start ups make the WORST video games with the dumbest licenses.

The problem with licensed character video games of any kind is that they're either a clone of something else, or extremely original to the point where everything's too experimental.

Muppets will never be able to get out of the minigame ghetto... They've been there since Atari 2600 Pigs in Space... and that's basically a Muppety Hack of a bunch of other 2600 games.

Now, the one really good game no one ever played (and I did) was Sesame Street Counting Cafe. it's very repetitive, though... 6 levels of 5 meals a day... but you get some nice Easter Eggs... Mumford, Farley, and Sam the Robot are in it.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Personally, I'd like to see an RPG-type game (or action-adventure). Sketches themselves would be mini-games unlocked by finding the various parts needed for the sketch. And while it'd be unlikely for crossovers, I'd like to see some Easter Eggs for hardcore fans, such as holes in the wall that no one seems to know how they got there or Jareth's amulet in a dressing room or something. :smile:
I had a similar idea, where you're the Muppets' new gofer (Scooter's been promoted) and you have to go around doing different missions (i.e. going on scavenger hunts to find props for performers, helping Bunsen & Beaker stop rampaging Muppet Labs inventions) to make the show run smoothly. Some of the missions could be taken straight from episodes of the original show, i.e. rounding up a bunch of rampaging rabbits who drank Bunsen's Jekyll & Hyde potion (Alan Arkin), or finding the spell book pages needed to turn Piggy back from stone (Tony Randall). These wouldn't be mini-games per say, as you'd have to explore the theater to accomplish most missions, whereas mini-games in past Muppet VGs were often limited to one area. There could even be a mission where Bunsen sends you back in time to the days of Muppet Babies, or a mission where you find yourself wandering into Fraggle Rock through a hole in the studio wall.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I've always been kind of into the idea of either a Sims-like game, where you run the Muppet Theater, or a point-and-click type game (think Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, Sam and Max, et cetera). I dunno. This is why I'm not a game designer :embarrassed:

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I've always been kind of into the idea of either a Sims-like game, where you run the Muppet Theater, or a point-and-click type game (think Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, Sam and Max, et cetera). I dunno. This is why I'm not a game designer :embarrassed:
Hmm... Sims was a good game, it's hard to imagine how exactly the format would be adapted to the Muppets, but I sort of get the idea. Maybe, like in the Sims franchise (I'm talking Sim City, Roller Coster, etc., not just "The Sims") you could build and customize to your liking. You could customize your own Muppet show, i.e. selecting skits (choosing songs, performers, themes, etc. for a skit), creating set designs, even building your own Muppets (to be used along with the regular cast, of course), and you have to make sure it all runs according to plan. I'd imagine you'd take on the role of Kermit in such a game, which I think would be more fun than being a fly-on-the-wall like in the Sim-related games.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was thinking of an idea today, though it could be a little weird.... Basically, the Muppets go on a trip by airplane, but Gonzo goes onto the wrong plane, not realising it's the wrong airplane until after it's taken off, so Gonzo must jump from plane-to-plane to catch up with the right plane, occasionally boarding big airships (like the ones in Super Mario Bros. 3 and The New Super Mario Bros. Wii). Other possibilities would be that Kermit couldn't afford to bring everyone on the plane they were traveling on, so Gonzo volunteered to ride a much cheaper plane, intending on jumping from plane-to-plane in the sky as his newest act. Or perhaps it could be Sweetums going from plane-to-plane.

Or maybe an idea where the Muppets must do some kind of task, and players can pick from perhaps ten different characters (right now I'm thinking Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Walter, Animal, Rowlf, Scooter, Pepe, and Rizzo), with various other characters providing weapons for temporary use (Bunsen and Beaker provide gagdets from Muppet Labs, Beauregard provides tools, Lew Zealand provides boomerang fish, Crazy Harry provides exploding devices, The Swedish Chef cooks up some food to use as weapons, Sweetums provides large clubs, etc.) and perhaps certain characters could help at certain times.

Or maybe a game made up of five or more stand-alone worlds of four levels each, each featuring different playable characters and unrelated tasks. I think somebody mentioned something like this here already. Some worlds could resemble episodes of The Muppet Show, others could be more original.