Is it time for a good Muppets video game?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's what I think might make a good rundown for a video game based on the new movie (and yes, some ideas were first posted/desired by others in this thread and I think elsewhere).

Introduction: Walter gets ready to visit the Muppet Studios.
Level 1: Walter tries to make it to Kermit's office, dodging many obstacles and fighting off guards who want to keep outsiders away from the office.
Cut Scene #1: Walter overhears Tex Richman's plan.
Level 2: Walter searches for Kermit's home, while dodging/battling neighbors and attack dogs.
Cut Scene #2: Walter tells Kermit what he's heard, and they go to round up the gang.
Choose-a-Level: A number of levels on map for the player to choose the order of.
Level 3A: Battle the Moopets (with Miss Piggy as the main boss) and get Fozzie out of Las Vegas.
Level 3B: Run out of Gonzo's plumbing buisness before time runs out (or risk getting blown up and losing a life)
Level 3C: Get Animal out of anger management and avoid the other patients.
Level 3D: Locate Bunsen and Beaker, avoid machines and tiny robots, maybe even do some obstacles like in word 2 of Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Get exposed to a shrink ray and go into small areas to obtain bonus stuff.
Level 3E: Locate The Swedish Chef, who now owns a big catering buisness. Fight off talking food and livestock, who don't want The Swedish Chef to leave. (I know, we didn't get a sceen with them finding The Swedish Chef, but I think this would make a good video game level)
Level 3F: Go locate Crazy Harry in a minefield, and avoid dangerous explosions and falling rocks.
Cut Scene #3: The Muppets go to Paris.
Level 4: Explore Paris and find Miss Piggy's office.
Cut Scene #4: The Muppets return to the theater and have to clean up. Walter learns that there is a device in the theater that can restore the theater instantly.
Level 5: Walter looks for the device, but has to avoid getting in the way of cleaning Muppets (though some provide clues), as well as Thog and Sweetums (who are so into dancing to the music that they aren't paying attention to what's going on... If Walter runs into them, they might fall over and harm Walter). Also watch out for Marvin Suggs chasing after the Muppaphone.
Boss Battle: Miss Piggy returns and battles Miss Poogy (or maybe the game doesn't have to deal with this, and Piggy has already returned when the Muppets found her in paris).
Cut Scene #5: The Muppets put on their telethon, which has become a success, showcasing some things that happened in the movie (Fozzie doing his act, Animal going back to playing the drums, the barbershop quartet number). Then the power goes out.
Level 6: Walter, with a flaslight, must find a number of tools in the theater in order to restore power, occasionally having to battle the Moopets.
Cut Scene #6: The power has come back on, but Walter overhears Tex planning to cut off the television signal.
Boss Battle: Walter (or maybe another Muppet, or a choice of characters) battles Miss Poogy (fighting with fists and knives), Bobo (who jumps and rolls around), and Uncle Deadley (who posesses an unlimited supply of crates, which he tosses). Pick up items in the theater and throw at the bosses.
Cut Scene #7: After the previous battle, Bobo and Uncle Deadley realise the error of their ways and help Walter (or whatever character) get on the roof to stop Tex Richman.
Final Boss Battle: Tex Richman throws oil barrells at you. Catch the barrells and throw back at Tex until he falls off the roof (perhaps a comment could be made about the fact that Tex could have easily cut the signal if he wasn't so focused on throwing barrells).
Final Cut Scene: The Muppets have won and they find that they still have millions of fans.

Perhaps for bonus levels there could be one where Gonzo throws his bowling ball at bowling pins on the heads of other characters (1 point if he hits the characters, three if he hits the pins), Fozzie dodges objects thrown at him on stage, The Newsman dodges falling objects in the newsroom, and maybe a matching game taking place in the arches.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Here's what I think might make a good rundown for a video game based on the new movie (and yes, some ideas were first posted/desired by others in this thread and I think elsewhere).

Introduction: Walter gets ready to visit the Muppet Studios.
Level 1: Walter tries to make it to Kermit's office, dodging many obstacles and fighting off guards who want to keep outsiders away from the office.
Cut Scene #1: Walter overhears Tex Richman's plan.
Level 2: Walter searches for Kermit's home, while dodging/battling neighbors and attack dogs.
Cut Scene #2: Walter tells Kermit what he's heard, and they go to round up the gang.
Choose-a-Level: A number of levels on map for the player to choose the order of.
Level 3A: Battle the Moopets (with Miss Piggy as the main boss) and get Fozzie out of Las Vegas.
Level 3B: Run out of Gonzo's plumbing buisness before time runs out (or risk getting blown up and losing a life)
Level 3C: Get Animal out of anger management and avoid the other patients.
Level 3D: Locate Bunsen and Beaker, avoid machines and tiny robots, maybe even do some obstacles like in word 2 of Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Get exposed to a shrink ray and go into small areas to obtain bonus stuff.
Level 3E: Locate The Swedish Chef, who now owns a big catering buisness. Fight off talking food and livestock, who don't want The Swedish Chef to leave. (I know, we didn't get a sceen with them finding The Swedish Chef, but I think this would make a good video game level)
Level 3F: Go locate Crazy Harry in a minefield, and avoid dangerous explosions and falling rocks.
Cut Scene #3: The Muppets go to Paris.
Level 4: Explore Paris and find Miss Piggy's office.
Cut Scene #4: The Muppets return to the theater and have to clean up. Walter learns that there is a device in the theater that can restore the theater instantly.
Level 5: Walter looks for the device, but has to avoid getting in the way of cleaning Muppets (though some provide clues), as well as Thog and Sweetums (who are so into dancing to the music that they aren't paying attention to what's going on... If Walter runs into them, they might fall over and harm Walter). Also watch out for Marvin Suggs chasing after the Muppaphone.
Boss Battle: Miss Piggy returns and battles Miss Poogy (or maybe the game doesn't have to deal with this, and Piggy has already returned when the Muppets found her in paris).
Cut Scene #5: The Muppets put on their telethon, which has become a success, showcasing some things that happened in the movie (Fozzie doing his act, Animal going back to playing the drums, the barbershop quartet number). Then the power goes out.
Level 6: Walter, with a flaslight, must find a number of tools in the theater in order to restore power, occasionally having to battle the Moopets.
Cut Scene #6: The power has come back on, but Walter overhears Tex planning to cut off the television signal.
Boss Battle: Walter (or maybe another Muppet, or a choice of characters) battles Miss Poogy (fighting with fists and knives), Bobo (who jumps and rolls around), and Uncle Deadley (who posesses an unlimited supply of crates, which he tosses). Pick up items in the theater and throw at the bosses.
Cut Scene #7: After the previous battle, Bobo and Uncle Deadley realise the error of their ways and help Walter (or whatever character) get on the roof to stop Tex Richman.
Final Boss Battle: Tex Richman throws oil barrells at you. Catch the barrells and throw back at Tex until he falls off the roof (perhaps a comment could be made about the fact that Tex could have easily cut the signal if he wasn't so focused on throwing barrells).
Final Cut Scene: The Muppets have won and they find that they still have millions of fans.

Perhaps for bonus levels there could be one where Gonzo throws his bowling ball at bowling pins on the heads of other characters (1 point if he hits the characters, three if he hits the pins), Fozzie dodges objects thrown at him on stage, The Newsman dodges falling objects in the newsroom, and maybe a matching game taking place in the arches.
i like this idea

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have a strong feeling we could get a Muppets Kinect game. That's just me. Hopefully, whoever does it paid close attention to Once Upon a Monster. I hear nothing but good things about that one.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I have a strong feeling we could get a Muppets Kinect game. That's just me. Hopefully, whoever does it paid close attention to Once Upon a Monster. I hear nothing but good things about that one.
That's the new Sesame St. game, right? I saw a trailer and it looked pretty cool. Of course, I'd hope a similarly themed Muppets VG would be made with both kids and adults in mind, as the shows and films often are, b/c educational games are boring for adults:stick_out_tongue:, and I'm sure plenty of adults as well as kids would be interested in a good Muppets VG.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Am I the only one that was hoping for maybe a Muppets singing VG, like something similar to Karaoke Revolution, but with Muppet songs? And, think of this: if that went well, there could be a demand for a more Rock Band/Guitar Hero-esque Muppet VG!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------
Having only just found a copy of "Muppets Party Cruise" to play, I'll say this: yes it's a blatant MarioParty rip, but I'm rather enjoying the little bits of quotes from the characters. Just having something Muppety around the Wii makes me happy.

But yes...we absolutely do need a new game. I think it should be a LOT more manic and creative than any of its predecessors. As a Rabbids fan, I would LOVE to see a bizarre, long-Zelda-quest type game, with the antagonists being Muppet Monsters, and every level having some outrageously silly thing which you must find or perform to make it through. No specific ideas...hadn't thought that far ahead yet. But YES we need a new game!!
-------------------

Nasubionna

Reaction score
I don't really have any great ideas, but I just wanted to add to the chorus of folks clamoring for a really awesome Muppet video game. Holy crap, I would play the heck out of something like that!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I loved Muppet Party Cruise...did they make it for the Wii (or I suppose the game cube since they are compatible right?)

Nasubionna

Reaction score
I dont' know if Muppet Party Cruise is Wii or GameCube compatible.... I only have it for the PS2, which works for me! I've been wanting to get Muppet Race Mania, but am unsure if it is backwards compatible (from PS1 to PS2).... does anyone know?

ALSO: WHOA, I just had an amazing (to me, at least, haha!) idea! They should make a Muppet-themed world for the next Kingdom Hearts installment.... since Disney owns the Muppets now, it should totally count! It could get the Muppet-interest piqued in a whole 'nother demographic (like it brought "Tron" back to life). Though naturally I would prefer a full-fledged awesome Muppet video game, I love the Kingdom Hearts games and it would rock my world to have a Muppet world (imagine, fighting the Heartless side by side with Kermit...).